Anyone got a good recipe for solid perfume??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beadella

Reaction score
Hi all,

The title pretty much says it, I am looking for suggestions on how to make solid perfume. Also, if anyone has had any experience selling it, or making it, I would love all the wisdom I can get!!

Thanx oodles for any help, :D

Della

You can do this with a modified lip balm recipe. Virgin coconut, beeswax or candelila, shea and or cocoa butters. Nice stuff you'll have there.

you wouldn't consider parting with actual recipe quantities, would you???????? :?

I am still living in newbieville and am not good at figuring out how much of different things to mix yet, but when I do get the hang of it....WATCH OUT SOAP WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

thanx oodles,

Della :)

beadella said:
you wouldn't consider parting with actual recipe quantities, would you???????? :?

If I had one I would just let you have it. We can make one together though...

I am still living in newbieville and am not good at figuring out how much of different things to mix yet, but when I do get the hang of it....WATCH OUT SOAP WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Newbieville...Cute. I remember that place. I moved out of the place when I realized how much fun it is to EXPERIMENT. Carefully of course. Let me do a little something and we will work on a recipe.

thanx oodles,

:D

OK...I did a little searching and some math. If you started with

1 part oil of choice
1 part wax f choice (I like to do beeswax, candelila and soy all 3)

and go from there you just might have something special. I like jojoba a lot. I also like fractionated coconut. Both are good to the skin. FCO has a shelf life of forever (undetermined really) and works well.

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/recip ... cipe_id=44

See how dangerous you can get with this one. Let me know how it goes.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

You are a total PEACH, or a prince, can't quite tell by your name, but either way.................THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :p

Now I just have to actually order the stuff, but NOT TO WORRY, I now have ACTUAL MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO :p

BTW, now that I have your attention..............(well hopefully), can you recommend a BOFFO outlet for lip balm, solid perfume packaging??? You know..................REALLY elegent and cheap as chips!! :lol:

Anyway, thanx oodles from a soon-to-be-movin-on resident of Newbieville....

Try this:

2 oz. wax (beeswax or soy)
3 oz. Shea Butter
4 oz. oil (your choice, soybean, olive, sunflower, etc. etc.)

If it is too firm remelt & add more oil. If it is too soft remelt & add more wax

My name is Angela...I think that makes me a "girl". :lol: As for packaging...That's a tough one. Kangaroo Blue is nice though...

Elements Bath & Body has a $4.99 shipping special for the next couple of days. The prices on the products they carry are also pretty good.

Latest posts

Back