Anyone experienced with non petroleum jelly?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagmar88

Reaction score
I've seen several recipes and I'm very impatient cause I ran out of beeswax amongst other stuff and won't be able to order in the next two months.

:roll: Found out I hadn't bought any clothes after I started soaping :p
So as I would not like to go through life as the fruitcake naked soaper, I had to place a big order over at H & M's.

Anyway, I'm just wondering, does this non petroleum jelly have the same, or similar, texture as ordinary vaseline?

Thanks so much!

Yes it has the same texture. I use Castor Oil, Beeswax & Vitamin E. I'm going to add some Eucalyptus (sp?) in 3 different strengths for a vapor rub....

I make it and it's very much like vaseline. I use carnauba (or is it candelilla) wax and castor oil. I'll go look.

Ah, it was both! I got this recipe from a dear friend.

Here ya go:
Castor Oil 92%
Candellila Wax 3%
Carnauba Wax 2%
Cetyl Alcohol 3%

Alright! Thank you girls you much!!! :D :D :D

@ lindy, be sure to add a bit of mint oil or chrystals too; feels way better than just eucalyptus.

Thanks dagmar - I aprpeciate the additional info. Right now I'm taking my clinical aromatherapist training and I hadn't come across that info just yet....so I appreciate the info. I do know the percentages to use for babies, young children and adults.....

Latest posts

Back