Anyone else?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try vinyl gloves, you might do ok with those
(blue is best for GMP, but check if you react to the blue - there are clear ones available too)

Nitrile gloves have ingredients used in manufacture that can be a problem for sensitive skin.

If the vinyl is no good (they don't hold up well), you might need to move to cotton gloves and a barrier cream for chemical work (there's a few on the market, some are wax based which might be helpful for you).

Last edited:
Try vinyl gloves, you might do ok with those
(blue is best for GMP, but check if you react to the blue - there are clear ones available too)

Nitrile gloves have ingredients used in manufacture that can be a problem for sensitive skin.
Wow I didnt know that. I dont normally have sensitive skin but avoided latex just in case. Vinyl is next up on my buy list then. Thanks!

I've never had a reaction, but then again, I always wear these underneath any protective gloves I wear, whether they be nitrile or latex, or vinyl or rubber, because I hate getting sweaty hands syndrome from wearing protective gloves. They are stretchy/form-fitting and not at all an encumbrance in any way when worn underneath any type of my outer protective gloves. They're like having a second skin, and they are especially handy underneath my outer gloves when washing dishes in really hot water. They prevent the heat from penetrating through to my hands.

IrishLass :)

I have had the nitrile gloves cause a sterling silver ring to tarnish if I wear them for more than a few minutes. Never any skin problems with them, though.

I have had the nitrile gloves cause a sterling silver ring to tarnish if I wear them for more than a few minutes. Never any skin problems with them, though.

There's a possibility that this might be a combination of your sweat naturally reacting with the metals in your silver ring. This blackening reaction to some metals is known to occur to varying degrees in people (some don't seem to react at all, others cause blackening very quickly) - it's possible you're skin is somewhat reactive, the gloves causing you to sweat more, and the blackening became obvious.

(Just throwing an alternative out there for you to consider :))

I've never had a reaction, but then again, I always wear these underneath any protective gloves I wear, whether they be nitrile or latex, or vinyl or rubber, because I hate getting sweaty hands syndrome from wearing protective gloves. They are stretchy/form-fitting and not at all an encumbrance in any way when worn underneath any type of my outer protective gloves. They're like having a second skin, and they are especially handy underneath my outer gloves when washing dishes in really hot water. They prevent the heat from penetrating through to my hands.

IrishLass :)
Im going to check these out Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back