Anyone else loving soy wax tarts?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitMommyOf2

Reaction score
I've found another love of mine now! :lol: My house doesn't only smell great now in the bathroom with all the yummy soaps, but every where else where I have a tart burner going! :lol:
Currently we're a la casa butterscotch, YUMMY!!! :D

Just wonderin' if anyone else loves those simple things or if y'all into the more 'serious'/'real' candle business? :wink:

I bought a heap of palm wax, intending to make beautiful candles with it. I can't, my candles suck!! :oops:

I've used the palm wax to make wax melts instead, and love them. I'm not sure if you're 'supposed' to use palm wax, but it works just fine (and is better than wasting it!)

Becky said:
I've used the palm wax to make wax melts instead, and love them. I'm not sure if you're 'supposed' to use palm wax, but it works just fine (and is better than wasting it!)

One of the palm wax supplies says no because they're so hard. I've never tried it, but I know some people successfully use them.

I use a para-soy blend and they're great. I sometimes bring a few to work with me to put on my desk. They scent my office even without a melter!

I was just looking around and noticed that we have 7 melt warmers in our house. Of course they don't all get used at once, but they are everywhere.

There are so many tealight holders and pillars around it's crazy too.

Haven't burned a container candle in a while though.

Even with nothing lit people come over and comment on how nice the house smells. I don't even notice it anymore unless there's something warming / burning though.

i love soy wax tarts! I make lots of them and i sell them too!! i just about also have a tart melting in my bedroom! :)

I've just bought a few warmers,those really are nice to have around,I have 150 smelly hound dogs (Kidding) and they seems to like the inside the best.
I've tried 3 different waxes in the warmers,nothing put the scent out there like that Palm Wax did! :)
I haven't tried working with Soy yet.Sorry no opinion there :(
I thought Palm wax would be relatively simple to work with my supplier said it would be great for pillars.It's not.Too unpredictable, too many rules for ppl to follow to burn them effectively.I can't in good conscience make,sell or give them away.So instead of tossing it out,I'll be making Tarts for my warmers.
Those were a great idea, it certainly made me feel better about not wasting all those cases of wax.

Munky.

dpowell said:
I was just looking around and noticed that we have 7 melt warmers in our house. Of course they don't all get used at once, but they are everywhere.

There are so many tealight holders and pillars around it's crazy too.

Haven't burned a container candle in a while though.

Even with nothing lit people come over and comment on how nice the house smells. I don't even notice it anymore unless there's something warming / burning though.
That's awesome! I love yummy smelling houses and am always happy when people say the same from my home :wink:

punkflash54 said:
i love soy wax tarts! I make lots of them and i sell them too!! i just about also have a tart melting in my bedroom! :)

Ohhh.. I love those rose shaped tarts you're selling! Darn, I wish I had a few $, I'd love to try some of yours! It's a nice deal, 6 for 1$! :wink: (Besides, I'd imagine the size makes them burn up quicker, i.e. one can use another fragrance quicker, right? I'm having 1 tart here in the burner since days and replace 1 tea light after the other but the tart does not seem to get less! :lol: -Which of course is a good thing; unless you're impatient like me and want a different scent every 2nd day latest :lol: )

Wax Munky said:
I've just bought a few warmers,those really are nice to have around,I have 150 smelly hound dogs (Kidding) and they seems to like the inside the best.
I've tried 3 different waxes in the warmers,nothing put the scent out there like that Palm Wax did! :)
I haven't tried working with Soy yet.Sorry no opinion there :(
I thought Palm wax would be relatively simple to work with my supplier said it would be great for pillars.It's not.Too unpredictable, too many rules for ppl to follow to burn them effectively.I can't in good conscience make,sell or give them away.So instead of tossing it out,I'll be making Tarts for my warmers.
Those were a great idea, it certainly made me feel better about not wasting all those cases of wax.

Munky.
Good to know that Palm wax works well too! :wink:

FitMommyOf2 said:
I've found another love of mine now! :lol: My house doesn't only smell great now in the bathroom with all the yummy soaps, but every where else where I have a tart burner going! :lol:
Currently we're a la casa butterscotch, YUMMY!!! :D

Just wonderin' if anyone else loves those simple things or if y'all into the more 'serious'/'real' candle business? :wink:

Hi

Am loving your soaps. Some fantastic designs there.

Good luck with them. :D

I LOVE making and using and selling soy tarts. I use them all the time in my house I also make tart burners that I use and sell in my shop.
I don't know if it's just me but I think the soy holds the scent longer then some other waxes I have used.

Back