Quantcast

Anyone else loving soy wax tarts?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

FitMommyOf2

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
335
Reaction score
0
Location
currently Sicily, Italy (Navy base)
I've found another love of mine now! :lol: My house doesn't only smell great now in the bathroom with all the yummy soaps, but every where else where I have a tart burner going! :lol:
Currently we're a la casa butterscotch, YUMMY!!! :D

Just wonderin' if anyone else loves those simple things or if y'all into the more 'serious'/'real' candle business? :wink:
 

Becky

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
612
Reaction score
0
Location
Queensland, Australia
I bought a heap of palm wax, intending to make beautiful candles with it. I can't, my candles suck!! :oops:

I've used the palm wax to make wax melts instead, and love them. I'm not sure if you're 'supposed' to use palm wax, but it works just fine (and is better than wasting it!)
 

Bret

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
397
Reaction score
2
Location
Indiana
Becky said:
I've used the palm wax to make wax melts instead, and love them. I'm not sure if you're 'supposed' to use palm wax, but it works just fine (and is better than wasting it!)
One of the palm wax supplies says no because they're so hard. I've never tried it, but I know some people successfully use them.

I use a para-soy blend and they're great. I sometimes bring a few to work with me to put on my desk. They scent my office even without a melter!
 

dpowell

Active Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
27
Reaction score
1
Location
Appleton, WI
I was just looking around and noticed that we have 7 melt warmers in our house. Of course they don't all get used at once, but they are everywhere.

There are so many tealight holders and pillars around it's crazy too.

Haven't burned a container candle in a while though.

Even with nothing lit people come over and comment on how nice the house smells. I don't even notice it anymore unless there's something warming / burning though.
 

punkflash54

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
216
Reaction score
0
i love soy wax tarts! I make lots of them and i sell them too!! i just about also have a tart melting in my bedroom! :)
 

Wax Munky

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
228
Reaction score
1
Location
Cali
I've just bought a few warmers,those really are nice to have around,I have 150 smelly hound dogs (Kidding) and they seems to like the inside the best.
I've tried 3 different waxes in the warmers,nothing put the scent out there like that Palm Wax did! :)
I haven't tried working with Soy yet.Sorry no opinion there :(
I thought Palm wax would be relatively simple to work with my supplier said it would be great for pillars.It's not.Too unpredictable, too many rules for ppl to follow to burn them effectively.I can't in good conscience make,sell or give them away.So instead of tossing it out,I'll be making Tarts for my warmers.
Those were a great idea, it certainly made me feel better about not wasting all those cases of wax.

Munky.
 

FitMommyOf2

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
335
Reaction score
0
Location
currently Sicily, Italy (Navy base)
dpowell said:
I was just looking around and noticed that we have 7 melt warmers in our house. Of course they don't all get used at once, but they are everywhere.

There are so many tealight holders and pillars around it's crazy too.

Haven't burned a container candle in a while though.

Even with nothing lit people come over and comment on how nice the house smells. I don't even notice it anymore unless there's something warming / burning though.
That's awesome! I love yummy smelling houses and am always happy when people say the same from my home :wink:
 

FitMommyOf2

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
335
Reaction score
0
Location
currently Sicily, Italy (Navy base)
punkflash54 said:
i love soy wax tarts! I make lots of them and i sell them too!! i just about also have a tart melting in my bedroom! :)
Ohhh.. I love those rose shaped tarts you're selling! Darn, I wish I had a few $, I'd love to try some of yours! It's a nice deal, 6 for 1$! :wink: (Besides, I'd imagine the size makes them burn up quicker, i.e. one can use another fragrance quicker, right? I'm having 1 tart here in the burner since days and replace 1 tea light after the other but the tart does not seem to get less! :lol: -Which of course is a good thing; unless you're impatient like me and want a different scent every 2nd day latest :lol: )
 

FitMommyOf2

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
335
Reaction score
0
Location
currently Sicily, Italy (Navy base)
Wax Munky said:
I've just bought a few warmers,those really are nice to have around,I have 150 smelly hound dogs (Kidding) and they seems to like the inside the best.
I've tried 3 different waxes in the warmers,nothing put the scent out there like that Palm Wax did! :)
I haven't tried working with Soy yet.Sorry no opinion there :(
I thought Palm wax would be relatively simple to work with my supplier said it would be great for pillars.It's not.Too unpredictable, too many rules for ppl to follow to burn them effectively.I can't in good conscience make,sell or give them away.So instead of tossing it out,I'll be making Tarts for my warmers.
Those were a great idea, it certainly made me feel better about not wasting all those cases of wax.

Munky.
Good to know that Palm wax works well too! :wink:
 

Soaperman

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Bournemouth
FitMommyOf2 said:
I've found another love of mine now! :lol: My house doesn't only smell great now in the bathroom with all the yummy soaps, but every where else where I have a tart burner going! :lol:
Currently we're a la casa butterscotch, YUMMY!!! :D

Just wonderin' if anyone else loves those simple things or if y'all into the more 'serious'/'real' candle business? :wink:
Hi

Am loving your soaps. Some fantastic designs there.

Good luck with them. :D
 

gingerbellsgifts

Active Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2008
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
I LOVE making and using and selling soy tarts. I use them all the time in my house I also make tart burners that I use and sell in my shop.
I don't know if it's just me but I think the soy holds the scent longer then some other waxes I have used.
 

Latest posts

Top