Anybody ever try epsom salt?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soaplady77

Reaction score
Ladies!(and gents!) I've got a question. I've just ordered, like, a humongous bag of the cheapest epsom salt I could find on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071G3GYQP/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 - anybody know if this brand is any good?)
and I'm just wondering if, a. anybody has any interesting recipes involving epsom salt, and b. if anybody ever tried adding into their own mixes?

Open to any and all recommendations, have a wonder-filled day!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use it as a part of my styling spray with dead sea salt and sugar. It keeps my curls in place as I don't want to use mousse or other commercial product. I can write the recipe here if anybody is interested.

I use it as a part of my styling spray with dead sea salt and sugar. It keeps my curls in place as I don't want to use mousse or other commercial product. I can write the recipe here if anybody is interested.
Sure, I'd love to hear it. Let's see if you top lsg's haha

Here's my styling spray. Very easy recipe and works pretty well. Also, no problems with insects taking a liking for the sugar, even if my brother was concerned about it last summer. =P

Heated phase
295 ml water
2 tbs Epsom salt
2 tbs sugar
1,5 tsp Dead Sea salt

Cool down phase
2 ml aloe vera 10x
8 ml glycerin
8 ml D-panthenol
3 ml Phenoxyethanol EHG

• Boil the water for 5 minutes and let a cool for a while.
  • Add the sugar, salts and glycerin and mix.
  • Let the mixture cool to 45 degrees and add the rest of the ingredients.
  • Mix and bottle
Makes about 380 ml. This is an old recipe taken from some blog so the amounts don't make any real sense or make a nice tidy recipe either. But it works so I haven't tidied it up. x)

Here's my styling spray. Very easy recipe and works pretty well. Also, no problems with insects taking a liking for the sugar, even if my brother was concerned about it last summer. =P
Makes about 380 ml. This is an old recipe taken from some blog so the amounts don't make any real sense or make a nice tidy recipe either. But it works so I haven't tidied it up. x)
thank you, i'll have to get some supplies and try this out. always on the lookout for the best stuff for curls!

All you really need is the heated phase and some preservative that can stand salts. Most of the stuff in the cool down phase is just fancy additions and not strictly necessary. In the long term they are good for your hair, but you can try it out with just the salt and sugar with preservative. =)

Back