Any tips - beginning selling my soaps online soon.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josoapgirl

Reaction score
I am opening my own soap shop online in the next 6 - 8 weeks, for the first time.

Any tips/lessons learned from those who sell their own soaps on the internet would be welcomed and appreciated!

:D
Thank you!

first time soap sales

Don't depend on the Internet to sell your soaps....hit the craft shows, and flea markets.

I only do about 10 percent of my business on the Internet.

Be patient and be creative! Creativity is what will set you apart from other b&b makers.

About 75% of my sales are internet based.

My best tip is too make sure you brand yourself. Make sure when people see your item from a distance they can instantly know it is yours. Have a consistant look. I would also try to identify your target market & make sure your items fit that marke and that your advetisments target that market.

I gave some soap to friends and relatives. I am just now getting some feedback. I think word of mouth will help sell my soaps. You might set up a display at local shops and offer to give them a cut of your profit from all the soaps you sell there.

Hi!

As with anything - you must promote your online shop. and then promote some more to see real sales. Promote yourself via forums such as this one too.

Good luck and congrats on going the "next step" for your business!

I can only add that I hope things will go well for you. Check out Romans 8:28.

Latest posts

Back