Any silicone experts out there?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Vicki C I was reading the FAQ from the manufacturer, and found this, they suggest a specific sealer and two coats, however, with the fine markings on the outside of the puck, I would be concerned about losing that detail with the sealers. Another manufacturer has this guide, and they do recommend a product for rubber made models, it might be worth a try. I have bought this brand before (from Hobby Lobby) and it did not cure because it was old (I waited too long to use it), I saw similar reviews from the amazon stock (being old), so if you do try it, it might be best to get it from the manufacturer directly and use it within 6 months.
Thank you - this is all very helpful. I think the sealer might be worth a try.
ETA I contacted the vendor of the product I have now, brickintheyard.com who said shellac would work to seal it - I’m going to give it another go. When I have time.

Last edited:
@Babyshoes
As requested, a couple of pictures: here he is being "helpful' babysitting the guinea pigs and inspecting the laundry. The video is a demand to pay attention to him!

Hope I resized them small enough.

Attachments

• 20200828_104032.jpg
    20200828_104032.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210511_101848.jpg
    20210511_101848.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210806_120834.mp4
    3.6 MB

Latest posts

Back