Any Pen Makers here?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hungryhawaiian

Reaction score
My latest addiction, which I do side by side with soap making, is pen making! It works perfectly for me because in between waiting for the lye mixture to cool or the hard soaps to melt, I can work on cutting, gluing and prepping the pen blanks to be shaped and put together. My lathe is just kitty-corner to my soap making station too so I can easy switch back and forth.

IMG_3907.JPG

IMG_3909.JPG
IMG_3731.JPG
IMG_3730.JPG
IMG_3667.JPG

Gorgeous!
My dh is a pen maker.
So many beautiful options. I especially love the acrylics.
Do you put a CA finish on your wood pens?
He's experimented a bit with pouring his own acrylic blanks, too.
He's also a cop and one of my favorite of his creations was the pen he made that looked like a shotgun.
He gave them as Christmas presents to his assistant chief, and to my coworker, who is a hunter. They even had little cases that looked like shotgun cases. ;)

Janelle

Thank you, All! I don’t sell publicly just yet but I hope to soon. The purple is one of my favorites too but apparently it “had” to be my girlfriends pen. I showed it to her after I finished and just like that I never saw it again....

For my wood pens I use a CA finish.

I personally love the wood pens, but they're all gorgeous!

Never met a pen maker before, and now I have lol yey me.

I’m a fan of complete wood and wood hybrid pens. Pure acrylics are pretty but lack that classic natural, earthy touch and feel.

Lemme know when you’re ready to be a Artisan Pen owner! ;)

beautiful pens. my nephew turns burl and makes pens along with his bowls etc

I’m still a novice pen maker but dang if I wouldn’t kill to get a hold of some burl. The stuff is expensive! When I’m traveling, which isn’t often, I’m always looking at trees and trying to find one with burl that I could somehow harvest.

Janelle[/QUOTE]

'He's also a cop and one of my favorite of his creations was the pen he made that looked like a shotgun.
He gave them as Christmas presents to his assistant chief, and to my coworker, who is a hunter. They even had little cases that looked like shotgun cases.'

Don't suppose you have a picture of one of these?

I’m still a novice pen maker but dang if I wouldn’t kill to get a hold of some burl. The stuff is expensive! When I’m traveling, which isn’t often, I’m always looking at trees and trying to find one with burl that I could somehow harvest.

I swear my nephew lives most of the time looking up in the trees hahaha--he has a business from the burls he finds

'He's also a cop and one of my favorite of his creations was the pen he made that looked like a shotgun.
He gave them as Christmas presents to his assistant chief, and to my coworker, who is a hunter. They even had little cases that looked like shotgun cases.'

Don't suppose you have a picture of one of these?[/QUOTE]
I do.
They are bolt action :) (He didn't have a photo of them with their cases. )

I think the other pen in the picture is called a cigar pen.

Janelle

Attachments

• bolt action pen.png
    bolt action pen.png
    853.6 KB · Views: 20

Don't suppose you have a picture of one of these?
I do.
They are bolt action [emoji4] (He didn't have a photo of them with their cases. )

I think the other pen in the picture is called a cigar pen.

Janelle

Almost correct. One is a bolt action pen and the other is a Kojent. Both very beautiful!

I made this on a commission tonight:
57274327651__BB3700C1-970B-4C43-A84B-BF749ACBCCD6.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back