Any nerds out there?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLunaB

Reaction score
Just wondering where are my otakus, gamers, lrpgers,Trekkies, whovians, cosplaying, Lolita, etc... brothers and sisters at? I'm just curious as to how many of you are out there that make soap as well :)

Nope nope nope ... none of that nonsense ;)

Back to the program ...

No trecking, no whovians, no games ...

All said to Red Dwarf's talkie toaster episode ... (Ahhhh, so you're a waffle man ...")

(too busy helping make city-venturing cosplay-type costumes for a mate that's off to the city for halloween to talk about such silly stuff!)

I guess I am, kinda.
I'm a gamer, though not a good one. Love Final Fantasy series, played WOW for a couple years, play other PS games here & there.
I love sci-fi, anime, fantasy, books, graphic novels...

Yay! I was worried I was all alone XD Currently a Paladin of Voltorn (haven't finished the latest season yet so shhhh) myself and my poor Xbox one and pc is collecting dust XD and I will die a fujoshi otaku [emoji119]

((joking)) ah, I thought that you were a geek when it comes to baths of various types. "this is a Victorian enamel tub on an oak stand with inlaid and carved claw feet......."

LOL! I actually started boring my co-workers. They learned to NOT ask about my soaping because they would get that eyes-glazed-over look when I started going on about lather and the fatty acids in coconut/palm vs olive oil and why I preferred 100% Castile and would rather add sugar and use dual lye and...

Uh yeah, gonna stop now. XD Not that I don’t think I’m among friends, but you guys know tons more than I do.

Oh boy. I told the husband, and he said, “I like big tubs I cannot lie”... so true. XDDDDD

I'm not sure I qualify as a true "nerd" LOL
I don't classify myself as a Trekkie (or Trekkar as they were originally called) but I have been to 5 Star Trek Conventions, and will most likely go to more.
I've only seen about 10-12 of the original Star Trek, and most of the Next Generation, but that's about it.
But I will tell you this, those conventions are FUUUUNNNNN!! LOL I love meeting all the actors and freaking them out by telling them where I know them from other than Star Trek. LOL (which some can be obscure - I met and talked with Bruce Greenwood who plays Pike in the new movies, and when I told him I knew him from Knots Landing not Star Trek, if threw him off and we ended up talking about Knots Landing for about 20 minutes!! HAHAHA)

I used to watch the original Doctor Who also, and the 6th Doctor, Tom Baker, (with the hat and scarf) is my favorite Doctor. After he left and it went off the air for what? Almost 20 years I think? I stopped watching. Haven't seen any of the modern Doctor Who's. I did try to get back into it, but it's just not the same. Too modern I guess. LOL

I do watch the new Marvel movies for the most part, and the original Hulk TV series with Lou Ferrigno and Bill Bixby was my favorite, and since Mark Ruffalo took over the role, I like it because he's such a good actor.

Anyway, that's pretty much the extent of my 'nerdism' . LOL

I'm a casual gamer, been a bit obsessed with fallout 4 and the witcher 3 for the last couple years. Really hoping for a new RPG soon. I also play skyrim occasionally but I screwed my game up with too many mods and haven't started it over yet.

*waves* I would be among that group! Making a Jedi Clone Wars General cosplay (or trying, it keeps getting put to the back burner!), thinking about Rebels Ahsoka, I don't sit still to play games or watch TV much, but I devote my limited ability to do that to Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Tolkein. Everybody else gets 'movie playing while multi-tasking' time. Will gravitate to dragon-ish themes and have been trying to catch up with Voltron (see troubles sitting still with TV).

Back