Any knitters or sewers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Aside from soap, dairy goats, gardening, music, and soap, I'm obsessed with knitting. Anybody else? How about crochet?

I have also developed the addiction of cutting up every t-shirt in sight and making it into something else (ie. skirts, better shirts, etc). Its amazing.

I crochet. Mostly afghans. I recently made a "boob" pillow for the Ladies of Harley Chili Cook off for their silent auction. I got about 20 orders from that.

Sonja

It is a pillow that has boobs. If I can a pic of them I will try to post it.

Sonja

I like to knit and crochet. Right now I'm knitting socks for my husband. He only wears handknitted socks!!!!! I just started making crochet "market bags" out of cotton yarn. I line them with fabric. I need something to do during my day at the farmers market and this seemed like a good idea. It rained for most of the day today and business was very slow. So, I got half a bag done. Once I have a few ready I might try selling them.

Martin: LOL... still LOLLING I can actually see how that would be easier to crochet than to knit. Its easier to crochet circles... :wink: :lol: did you design them?

mare61: Cool! I found a freebie pattern at Wallyworld for socks that call for worsted weight yarn. They hold up really well too. Same on the bags. Those are fun! Somebody started selling t-shirt bags where you cut the sleeves and neckline out of a shirt and sew up the bottom. Those are neat, but they're really thin. Are your bags your own pattern?

I found some pics. Mods if this offends any one please remove.

La Oberhasli said:
Aside from soap, dairy goats, gardening, music, and soap, I'm obsessed with knitting. Anybody else? How about crochet?

I have also developed the addiction of cutting up every t-shirt in sight and making it into something else (ie. skirts, better shirts, etc). Its amazing.

You're from N.C. and have many of my obsessions!!! Yesterday I made a skirt, crocheted a bunch of new, experimental stitches, made a hemp anklet, worked in the veggie garden, transplanted tomatoes and made veggie stock out of the ends of assorted veggies in my freezer...

yay for compulsive self reliance and creativity!!!

Do you have any goats for sale, Oberhasli???

We have looked into the dairy goat business recently, but prices in Ontario for goats have started to go crazy. We looked at a herd about a month ago and the man wanted $ 500 for each animal no matter what age. We would like to start a herd of goats, so that when we are ready to get out of hogs our new venture would be up and running. Maybe we should start to look into the market in the US.

EACH?!?! Thats insane. We have some goats for sale, but to be honest, we've already sold the more correct does. We have one left that is pretty nice, I think she could score a mid 80 (in linear appraisal), but I just can't afford to keep goats that I'm not perfectly satisfied with. The 3 that we have left are $125 each and they're yearlings. There is an ADGA judge that has a goat dairy in Canada. His name is Ed Cavanaugh. Have you tried him?

I crochet & sew also!

Taught myself how to do both. I'm a hobby junkie.

I don't do anything real elaborate yet, as I've only been playing around with each for a few years now.

I have recently taken up knitting and am attempting to make a jumper for myself at the moment.
Have knitted several items for family members.
Gone crazy with the new yarns availabe. My stash is getting bigger.
I find this hobby quiet relaxing.

coral said:
Gone crazy with the new yarns availabe. My stash is getting bigger.

Boy ~ can I relate to this!! :lol: I've got tubs overflowing all over the place!

My DH has a fit :oops: I'm such a hobby junkie!! :oops:

I have a sewer problem. I'm thinking that lye might help that...

I'm with Soapy. I don't have a hobby junkie problem. I have a problem with people who don't have hobbies. (Not that she said exactly that.)

Time you spend on hobbies does not get subtracted from your total time on Earth. I'm convinced of that. Or even so at least you're having fun. Compare that to working.

It would be interesting to meet somebody who is turning sheep's wool into Navajo rugs. I have an interest in Navajo rugs, but not so much as to weave my own. :)

I learned to cross-stitch when i had bronchitis...and if I was stranded on a desert island and I haaaaaaaaaad to make a blanket... I could probably stitch one if I needed too...

with necessity lays ingenuity...

pardon the spelling if I messed up
;)

I knit, crochet, and sew too! I prefer knitting right now but I never know when I am going to catch the bug to crochet again. I sew tons but I dont love doing it. I cloth diaper my kiddo and so I make some of his diapers and some of my clothes and stuff with the machine. Nothing fancy!

I knit and I am getting into goats. I have a pygmy doe and am purchasing two bred nigerian dwarf does. I am starting small. I will milk them to use for making milk soap and maybe cheese.

I also run agility with my bichon frise and the little guy on the left, Remington Steele.

I have lots of little hobbies that I tend to not do as much as I would like to.

I knit, and crochet. My kids (5 and 7) love when i knit them a pair of socks, who would have thought??

Latest posts

Back