Any Interest in a Casual Challenge?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably step on some toes here but you asked.
I think they are terrible musicians, there isn't one song that I like. I just can't understand why they were so popular.

Since you were brave enough to speak up, I'm coming out of the closet too. Never, ever saw any appeal in the Beatles. Or 60s, 70s music. Nothing was good until the 80s!

I'll probably step on some toes here but you asked. I think they are terrible musicians, there isn't one song that I like. I just can't understand why they were so popular.
Thanks for being honest. I asked because I always thought nobody doesn't like the Beatles. Now I know someone who doesn't. I guess that makes you special. :hippo:

Since you were brave enough to speak up, I'm coming out of the closet too. Never, ever saw any appeal in the Beatles. Or 60s, 70s music. Nothing was good until the 80s!
I don't see the appeal in the Beatles either, but man I love me some 60's music. Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan, ... There are so many I could name 100 and still not be done naming all the greats! 70's eh- that was the Disco era and I could definitely do without that... For Sure... LOL And 80's - now that music is my jam! LOL

I love this idea! I'm going to do Somewhere Out There by Our Lady Peace. No idea how to make a soap with that theme but I'll try. :)

My apologies to the folks who don't like the Beatles, but granddaughter has chosen Yellow Submarine as our inspiration song.

She plans to create a concept drawing for our music-inspired soap challenge. We listened to several songs on our way to and from the post office this morning, but she went with the first song she thought of yesterday when we first discussed the project. It'll be fun and she has quite the creative concept in mind.

When I was in junior high, still a pre-teen, I had a pen-pal in Britain who wrote about this, at the time not-yet-known to me or my friends, musical group she called the 'Beatles'. Not many years late (about age 14, I think), my dad took me with him to meet Ringo Starr at the SF Airport when he flew in for (whatever he flew to SF for at the time, I don't really remember). All I know is, my dad was a journalist and his assignment was to go interview the Beatle called Ringo Starr when he arrived at the airport. I gladly went along, but then I was too shy to speak and Ringo was too moody or whatever he was at the time, to actually be friendly to a teeny-bopper accompanied by a handful of reporters and airport personnel. I did not see him again until years later at a concert in Concord, California (from a distance this time, of course) and boy did he look a lot different by then.

In any case, when I went to the London Museum I was thrilled to see hand-written scratching of some Beatles lyrics on display. I am told they are no longer housed there, as my niece recently visited and said they've been moved to a different location. I am hoping to take my husband to see them with me (he has not been there yet) when we travel to Europe, which is planned later this year.

Hubby and I saw the Cirque de Soleil show in Las Vegas called 'The Beatles Love' last September (for our anniversary trip) and I know he will be thrilled to see Beatles lyrics written in their own hands up close and personal.

I’m actually relieved so many people aren’t a fan of the Beatles. I like some of their songs, my Mom was a HUGE fan, but my husband really dislikes them. I really thought he was the minority but this has made me feel better about his taste [emoji23]

Earlene, don't be sorry about choosing a Beatles song. I'm glad your granddaughter is excited and involved. I like the Beatles, my DH not so much. But do I like all of their songs? No. Do I like every song by any artist? I'm trying to think of one - none come to mind.

Anyway, the point was to choose a song that is in some way special for you. And for a few of us *ahem* older people, Beatles songs were ever present during our youth.

I’m actually relieved so many people aren’t a fan of the Beatles. I like some of their songs, my Mom was a HUGE fan, but my husband really dislikes them. I really thought he was the minority but this has made me feel better about his taste [emoji23]

Jules, my kids both dislike Neil Young. DH and I love his music and tortured them regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some comp time built up and taking long weekends this month.....so I have already been soaping up a storm! Now to figure out how to incorporate some songs from one of my favorite albums into a soap!

I just got my soap done but I don't expect it to turn out how I wanted. I had a few snags along the way. First I separated the color into the wrong cups so I couldn't fit my stick blender in them to mix now the colors aren't great and the TD is speckled.

Then I forgot to move the glass of FO to the stove top, ended up bumping it with the SB cord and spilling it. It was a blend I made with some discounted FO samples I had been saving. Really disappointed in that, ended up just dumping a random amount of white tea & ginger in the soap.

The black isn't black enough, the white is off, the blue is wrong and looks to be stripy instead of cloud like and the yellow is a bit too bright. Ug! at least its done and has mostly the right colors.

I'll post pics along with the song name and a story tomorrow.

I made one this weekend too. My story is likely to be an essay, so I’ll do my best to edit. I might do more, as I have lots of ideas and this helps me focus on a design or fragrance/color choice.

We began carving our submarine tonight after dinner. It is currently in two parts, so we each have half a submarine to work on. We will continue the carving tomorrow evening after a walk on the beach. I am pleased that carving MP soap is easier than I thought it would be. But it does take a fair amount of time.

Soap dough will also be included in this soap project, so I hope getting soap dough to stick to MP won't be too difficult.

Back