Any ideas on how to make this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharee

Reaction score
2A6D423F-0517-4512-85D6-FCDAD45A8504.jpeg I resized the photos thanks everyone for your assistance in that matter! I’m all over the Internet looking for amazing designs. I found this and I’m wondering if anybody has an idea on how to make this. It looks like there’s embeds and I love the wave on the top. I’d like to make this in a green and a blue

I found it on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/138112...y=dolphin+soap+mold&ref=sr_gallery-1-11&frs=1

GBHouse molds are always very expensive. I love to look at them, but have never purchased due to the high cost.

So it looks like probably MP soap, but it could also be done with CP. With MP, the white (in the photo) would have had to be poured first into the waves, then the soap left to set up a bit before pouring the aqua. As CP, an ITP swirl would achieve similar results, but be less defined, I think, depending on the color proportions and the swirl.

I found it on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/138112...y=dolphin+soap+mold&ref=sr_gallery-1-11&frs=1

GBHouse molds are always very expensive. I love to look at them, but have never purchased due to the high cost.

So it looks like probably MP soap, but it could also be done with CP. With MP, the white (in the photo) would have had to be poured first into the waves, then the soap left to set up a bit before pouring the aqua. As CP, an ITP swirl would achieve similar results, but be less defined, I think, depending on the color proportions and the swirl.
Oh my goodness I can’t believe you found it! Soap makers are literally miracle workers..
it looks like there is a swirl in thecwaves they are swimming in. I’m a brat. This is the first mould I want to make. Any step by step that would give me an idea where to start on this? I actually found the mould for a quarter of the price.. a tutorial on any design moulds would be just as helpful

Last edited:
Oh my goodness I can’t believe you found it! Soap makers are literally miracle workers..
it looks like there is a swirl in thecwaves they are swimming in. I’m a brat. This is the first mould I want to make. Any step by step that would give me an idea where to start on this? I actually found the mould for a quarter of the price.. a tutorial on any design moulds would be just as helpful
Sharee, I am sorry, life has had me away from the forum as much as I miss it and I didn't see your question until now.

I am not that experienced with intricate designs using MP, but there are some here who have more experience and may chime in.

What it looks like to me, is that the lighter colors of the waves were poured first, then let set up a bit before pouring the next layer. Alternating pouring the colors of choice for each layer with letting it set up a bit (just a minute or so, I think - depending on your base) then pouring your next layers. Spray with alcohol between layers to help each adhere.

Try a youtube search for MP tutorials of mulitiple color designs. I have seen some in the past, but don't think I saved any as I don't do a lot of MP myself.

BUT, I am interested in the less expensive price for the mold. If you don't mind, would you include a link?

Sharee, I am sorry, life has had me away from the forum as much as I miss it and I didn't see your question until now.

I am not that experienced with intricate designs using MP, but there are some here who have more experience and may chime in.

What it looks like to me, is that the lighter colors of the waves were poured first, then let set up a bit before pouring the next layer. Alternating pouring the colors of choice for each layer with letting it set up a bit (just a minute or so, I think - depending on your base) then pouring your next layers. Spray with alcohol between layers to help each adhere.

Try a youtube search for MP tutorials of mulitiple color designs. I have seen some in the past, but don't think I saved any as I don't do a lot of MP myself.

BUT, I am interested in the less expensive price for the mold. If you don't mind, would you include a link?
Is this it?

I think that's a gorgeous mold. I'd recommend getting an infrared thermometer [they're about $12 at Amazon] so you know the temp you're pouring at. Generally, M&P soap melts around 130 degrees F. Also, make at least one or two plain batches of soap just so you get a feel for M&P.

It is a really nice mold. My daughter has/had that one. It is somewhere in storage now. I do not know if it is still available but there was an m&p base available for swirling. I know my daughter used it for soap rocks.

Latest posts

Back