Any bartenders here?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to learn how to make a bloody ceaser but there are so many recipes, I don't know where to start.
I tried 2 oz vodka to 8 oz clamato and its just not right.

Not interested in the spices for the rim, just want the stuff in the glass to be good without being so strong it will put me on my lips after one glass.

I used to moonlight as a bartender 18-ish years ago. I second the above from DKing, as well as a pinch of celery salt. I think there is a fantastic DIY recipe for celery salt in the Home Sweet Home swap thread (one of the swappers sent the salt as their non soap item, it was delish is bloody mary and everything else).

I added all the stuff that DKing mentioned, still just didn't taste right. There is a bitter note in the drinks from the bar that I'm not getting at home.

Not sure if its the lack of celery salt or if its due to using top shelf vodka. Maybe I should have gotten the cheap stuff.
I suppose it could be the brand of hot sauce, I don't have Tabasco.

I did try a different vodka the next day and it was considerably better. Really glad I only got a sample size of absolute.

I added all the stuff that DKing mentioned, still just didn't taste right. There is a bitter note in the drinks from the bar that I'm not getting at home.

Not sure if its the lack of celery salt or if its due to using top shelf vodka. Maybe I should have gotten the cheap stuff.
I suppose it could be the brand of hot sauce, I don't have Tabasco.

I did try a different vodka the next day and it was considerably better. Really glad I only got a sample size of absolute.
What about a few drops of Angostura bitters?

Years ago my hubby did a stint as a bartender. The bar had a clamato version and one with V-8 juice. Neither of us liked the clamato version so started our quest for the perfect one with the V-8 juice. Long story short, we now use a Jamaican product called Pickapeppa with our V-8 as we think it has the perfect blend of spices, etc. Most of the time we get it at Winco or Walmart. And it is so easy since you don't have to have all the other ingredients on hand. We have used it with clamato juice for friends who prefer that and they like it too. It's spicy so you might go easy on it until you find the right amount.

...Long story short, we now use a Jamaican product called Pickapeppa with our V-8 as we think it has the perfect blend of spices, etc. Most of the time we get it at Winco or Walmart. ...

Winco? you must be in my 'hood! I'm definitely going to try Pickapeppa. Thanks for the idea.

Back