anti sweat additive is there one

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyndham Dennison

Reaction score
I haveseveral boxes of m&p to test. As a test I poured out several small molds with the soap , de molded and left them out for several days in my unheated shop where they did sweat.
I'm wondering if there is any additive I could test to reduce the sweating. I did not wrap them so I could understand how they would react.
I also noticed that my small amount in heating in the MW may have overheated as it steamed some, so part of this maybe my fault as well

The biggest trick is that most seem to not know about is to put your soaps on a rack un-wrapped with a fan and let me dry for a couple of days. It makes a huge difference whether your m&p will sweat or not. That is a trick from my daughter that made huge amounts of m&p for several yrs. It does not have to be on racks like our cp, she used baker's racks with the slide-out trays.

I second the above. I only use mp for embeds and discovered that the embedded soaps that I make in the winter don't sweat like the soaps made in spring/summer. I concluded that because I cure on racks in a drier environment (my dehumidifier kicks on maybe once a day in the fall/winter months but runs continuously in spring/summer) that this also helps "cure" the mp. So I only make mp embeds during the drier months.

Latest posts

Back