Another weekend batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wearytraveler

Reaction score
​Hello to all again. The weekend is almost here and that means another batch in the works. Can anyone look at the recipe below and let me know if the addition of the 4 oz of mango butter will contribute anything ​substantial to the soap or can it be skipped to simplify the recipe? If that amount will benefit then would any other butters be worth trying over the mango? Shea? Cocoa?

Thanks.

Capture.jpg

It looks fine to me. I use shea in mine but I don't generally exceed 10%. Especially since lard is so good in soap to begin with. I pretty much add the shea for label appeal. And I personally prefer more CO/PKO, but I like bubbles. I say give it a try with and then without. See which you prefer or if you notice a difference.

I guess I can use the mango for this batch and try shea next weekend. I'm trying to find my happy level of CO so the soap isn't as drying to my skin. I up the CO amount a little with each batch. I love lots of bubbles, too and have started adding sugar to help in that dept. since I use lower CO levels.
The input is appreciated.

It looks fine to me. I use shea in mine but I don't generally exceed 10%. Especially since lard is so good in soap to begin with. I pretty much add the shea for label appeal. And I personally prefer more CO/PKO, but I like bubbles. I say give it a try with and then without. See which you prefer or if you notice a difference.

Looks good to me, and I love butters in soap. Only thing I would do is perhaps lower the Mango butter down to 10%. You get a bar with benefits from the butter without "wasting" too much of something that is more of an exclusive thing, to put it that way. But still it will look good if you do a label and add it on the INCI.

I can highly recommend Sheabutter and Cocoabutter, they are great aditions in my recipes at least. I use them from 5% - 8/10. I have one recipe I call DeLux Bar - I make it with either 10% Sheabutter or 8% Cocoabutter. I don`t sell, but I still want my friends and family to feel they get something veeeeery special when they get it : )

Good tips and suggestions. I'm actually on Amazon now ordering Shea!
If I can get it by tomorrow then I'll make BOTH batches!

Looks good to me, and I love butters in soap. Only thing I would do is perhaps lower the Mango butter down to 10%. You get a bar with benefits from the butter without "wasting" too much of something that is more of an exclusive thing, to put it that way. But still it will look good if you do a label and add it on the INCI.

I can highly recommend Sheabutter and Cocoabutter, they are great aditions in my recipes at least. I use them from 5% - 8/10. I have one recipe I call DeLux Bar - I make it with either 10% Sheabutter or 8% Cocoabutter. I don`t sell, but I still want my friends and family to feel they get something veeeeery special when they get it : )

Looks like it will make a nice creamy bar. I notice that when I use mango butter in my soaps, I always get a bar that has a sort of waxy/shiny appearance. Personally, I really like that look. I agree with MySoapyHeart, you might want to lower the % of the mango butter a little. You'll still get the benefits of the butter without using more than necessary. Love those butters, but they can be pricey.

I've just recently started using shea butter and it's going to be hard to wait 3 more weeks to try it out. Your recipe looks great to me.

Latest posts

Back