Another wannabe soap maker

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle1210

Reaction score
:D Hi, Group, I have always wanted to make some soap, and I just happen to know that santa is bringing me some glycerin and coconut slabs for xmas, and im really excited to learn how.
I do know that I want to make rose scented soap......
just wanted to intro myself and say hi :lol:

Hi! Welcome!

what are coconut slabs? do you mean MP soap? Many people started that way, and make beautiful creations.

I only make soap from scratch, but do admire the lovely artwork that people create with melt and pour soaps.

Have fun!

Yep MP, :oops: Soap from scratch now thats a whole new ball game, I admire those who do, I remember we had a class on it in blue birds and it smelled awful, we had to collect all this fat and render it.......I dont think any of the kids persued it any farther, but I was still intrigued inspite of the smell :D
A customer of mine was telling me about the MP, I just recently heard of it. So here I'am.

Hi and welcome to The SMF, Michelle! There are several great, knowledgeable M&Pers here who can help you if you need any questions answered. I only make goat milk CP soap, but I think all soapmaking is a art. M&P can even be more so than CP or HP. Enjoy yourself!

Paul.... :wink:

Welcome!

I doubt many soapmakers render fats anymore, it seems most do vegetable oils only these days.

I look forward to many beautiful M&P soap photos from you!

Have not done it in about a year now, but I kinda like rendering beef fat into tallow. I am a CP soapier though. I do like my AF (animal fats) in soap at about 20 to 25% total. I buy the tallow and lard from Columbus foods now and split with a friend in Florida. 50 pound cubes go a long way! I am making more veggie soaps now that I'm selling online. The AF soaps sell good here in the SW Missouri area since we have so much cattle and hog production. Lard is really good for the skin as it is close to human skin. More technical stuff, but I really like it in a soap. I have 2 "best" recipes, one veggie and one with AF's. They both are very close in their numbers. OK, I'll quit going on and on. I'm glad you are starting with home produces M&P. There are some really great bases out today you can buy!

Paul.... :wink:

Back