Quantcast

Another swirl

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to try something a little different. Doing the ebru challenge, I've been working with soap that is very very thin, nearly water thin and I wanted to see what would happen in a loaf mold. I had a thin skewer at the bottom of the mold that I could pull up but I knew I'd have to go slowly or it would all blend together. It took a while to pour everything in so it wouldn't mix and then when I pulled the skewer up, there was no resistance at all. I slowly passed it through two more times but I was nervous it would all mix. Happy day!! I suppose it's not much different than other hanger-type swirls but I'm glad it didn't blur. Now to figure out if other effects can be had working at that fluidity.

IMG_8911.jpg

not_ally

Reaction score
Beautiful, newbie, I love it. What do you mean by having the skewer at the bottom of the mold? Having trouble envisioning that.

jules92207

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That is just gorgeous! I like working at a thin trace sometimes but many times I end up blending too much. Yours looks perfect!

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you!

Not ally, before I poured, I put one of my thin skewers at the bottom, with thin strips of duct tape around each of the ends, so the tape came up above the top of the mold. They acted as handles. I just wanted something to use to pull the skewer up but I ended up passing it through a couple times. Putting it through again wouldn't have worked in thicker soap because the tape isn't stiff, but in this consistency, the skewer was easily pushed down by the duct tape handles and drawn up again.

Sorry- forgot to put the scent! It's a combo of cedarwood EO and sandalwood FO.

Last edited:

not_ally

Reaction score
"Not ally, before I poured, I put one of my thin skewers at the bottom, with thin strips of duct tape around each of the ends, so the tape came up above the top of the mold. They acted as handles."

Newbie, you are so inventive. I always love your soaps and your posts, but you talents might be wasted on (just) soapmaking. I hope if you have a day job it draws on those skills, too.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful job, newbie! Your colors are just stunning and the swirl is perfect. LOVE IT!!! :thumbup:

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you! I really have to get off this color combo, even though I love it. I've made a boatload of soaps with it and I will have nothing else to give out except black, green and yellow! But Sea Green and Teal green by Nurture are definitely to swoon over.

seven

Reaction score
Amazing! Water thin trace but the colors didn't blur. Loving the effect!!

Balloons

Reaction score
Great looking soap. Love the splash of yellow.

Latest posts