ANOTHER salt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandnew

Reaction score
didn't want to barge in on the other thread but...I made a salt soap a bit more than a week ago and the EO came out soooooo stinky after three days I put in the room my hubby is in the process of building. Been checking it every couple of days and it's been absolutely fine. (this ISN'T the batch that smells like candy Irish Lass!) well today it's perspiring! Not oil just beads of salty water! Do you think it'd just the atmosphere in a cool room and a bit of sunshine coming in then cooling down again? It was never zappy...just stinky! (There is good news the EO has calmed down to what I thought it would smell like)...Has this ever happened to any of you salters? :? Thanks in advance.....

Yes, salt soaps sweat, you can wipe them off. Many of my non salt soaps are sweating too. I turned on the dehumidifier next is the AC :wink:

Depending on the humidity level of your climate, salt soap can sweat. Thanks to the really dry climate I live in, mine have always remained sweat-free.

IrishLass :)

Back