Another Rose Soap - Rosey Facial Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there are a ton of posts on rose/geranium, but in my research I couldn't find my answer so forgive me if this is somewhere I didn't get to yet:

I just got some geranium eo and really want to do a facial/body soap with it for a nice natural rose scent. I have rose water to use as well but I'm curious if I HAVE to mix my geranium eo or can I just use it straight? And if I do need to blend to anchor, would bergamot or rosewood be good with that? I also plan on using rose clay. Would this make a nice rose like soap?

I am thinking that rosewood and rose geranium would be a good blend. You do not need to add the rosewood for an anchor as far as I know. Palmarosa also blends well with rose geranium.

the rose water is a nice addition, but i doubt it will contribute to scent at the end. but def use it if you are making a rose soap.

geranium and rosewood seem like a nice blend. the clay will act as an anchor for the scent. you might also want to use some rosehip oil (if you have some) to match with the rose theme. it is a very nice oil and quite expensive, i would not use more than 5%. and i would do it hp, and superfat with the rosehip.

Latest posts

Back