Another reason why we love animals

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of the bond my Vegas had with the neighbors lab. Bailey would come over every morning and "knock" on the back door for Vegas to come out...they would kiss each other and hang out for a bit, sometimes play. When Vegas broke his leg, Bailey was out of his mind when he didn't see him each morning...I ended up having to let him in the house (which really pissed the cat off) and allow him to give Vegas a kiss or he would be howling at the back door all day.
Bailey passed away a few years ago of old age, Vegas was only a few years younger and he still goes over to the neighbors hopin he will show up...

So sweet. We all need to stick by our friends like this.

So true.

Reminds me of the bond my Vegas had with the neighbors lab. Bailey would come over every morning and "knock" on the back door for Vegas to come out...they would kiss each other and hang out for a bit, sometimes play. When Vegas broke his leg, Bailey was out of his mind when he didn't see him each morning...I ended up having to let him in the house (which really pissed the cat off) and allow him to give Vegas a kiss or he would be howling at the back door all day.
Bailey passed away a few years ago of old age, Vegas was only a few years younger and he still goes over to the neighbors hopin he will show up...

Your story is a perfect example of the kind of loyalty that animals are capable of. There's something so pure and unadulterated about the affection that animals show each other....and us. And those people who say that animals don't have emotions, don't know animals at all.

Thats so sweet. When I first got my rotti pup my older lab x staffy absolutely hated him. I'm sure she though we were trying to replace her (Bonnie was 7 when we got Axle). it took her a good 6 months to warm up to him even though he would follow her everywhere she went. Once she realised that she wasn't getting replaced the 2 were inseparable. Sadly when we lost her at age 10 (she was fine and then she wasnt. hardest thing I have ever done was take her to the vet) Axle was beside himself. He went looking for Bonnie in all her usual spots around the house and yard and just wandered between them all looking for her for a good 2 weeks. Then DH moved to where we live now (I stayed to get the house packed and moved and do some renos so we could sell the house) I'm sure Axle thought he was dead too. The poor dog kept going to his bowl in the morning looking for his toast that DH always put in his bowl in the morning. I had to make the dog his own toast one morning cause he looked that miserable. Funny how dogs can be. Wouldn't be without them though

Latest posts

Back