Another newbie.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fancyschmancy

Reaction score
Hi am fairly new to soaping but I love it and am hoping to start selling soon, just small to begin with see how it goes. I only started a few months ago but somehow it was easy and somehow I was able to understand the math in soap making which has never been my strong point.

I am hoping to get my CPSR really soon, just waiting till money is in the bank for it and need to do the rest of my recipes to submit them, doubts it'll be done before christmas but am excited anyway.

My current main issue is MSDS, been getting them fine for pretty much everything but I have some issues getting the information on a couple of EO blends from a website. I had emailed them to ask them about this as I needed the MSDS and although it tells you what EO's are in the blend they do stock a couple of different types in some of the EO's so I had asked if they had MSDS's for the blends themselves or if I had to submit them all separately and if so could they tell me the correct ones that are in them so I know which MSDS I need to use for the individual EO's, their reply was kind of cheeky tbh.

Its nothing to do with labelling and I never asked for help with labelling just what EO's are used in the blends if they didn't have the full MSDS's, they aren't formulation chemists, fair enough but surely they must have these if they are selling them. Kinda really annoyed tbh because I have been using them for all my oils and butters except OO. Ive spend a couple of hundred pounds on their website over the last month or so and was about to buy more. Is it just me or shouldn't they be able to provide these and if they are not the actual supplier then why wouldn't they just pass me to the actual supplier. I did email them back asking if they cant confirm the information then can they give me contact details of someone who does know so I guess Ill wait and see what they say.

Not that impressed with their customer service after that tbh
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning
Thank you for your email.
Please see the attached documents as requested.
As we are not formulation chemists, we cannot advise on labelling. Please seek professional advice.
Kind regards
Sarah

They seem to have MSDS for everything else its just the oil blends that I am unsure about It tells you what essential oils that are in the blends and there seem to be separate CAS and EC numbers for those but not for the actual oil blend itself so I'm not sure. This is one of them, the links to the files are there but there doesn't seem to be a CAS nunber as far as I can see but it does have them for the individual ingredients inc allergens?

I'm probably wrong :| Or am I?
https://www.mysticmomentsuk.com/products/stress-relief-essential-oil-blends

Thanks for the welcome. I wont be starting too soon don't worry still got a lot to learn, most of the stuff I am making now are gifts and free samples in exchange for feedback but even then I have tested these out multiple times on myself first before anybody else gets to touch it and my skin is really really sensitive, worse than sensitive actually. It was wanting to make soap of scents I liked and also ones with essential oils and other ingredients for skin problems that made me want to start and my skin has improved a lot especially with my base recipe. Olive Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter which I am really pleased with and hardens up really well and is really creamy and lathery. Am so excited about it its been the first thing Ive got excited about for a long long time. I'm definitely going to get my CPSR soon even if am not selling yet anyway.

Sorry if I seem to be rushing in too fast but I am definitely not, am also going to be moving soon in the next month or two which is going to be a stressful nightmare but once its done it will be better, dont know where I am going yet as I live in Glasgow UK and it'll be a housing association house, really cant wait to get away from my crazy neighbours. My daughter is also going to be moving out too, she also has the same genetic health issues and has a lot of stuff going on with that so, anyway sorry for the long post.

Welcome.gif

I started soap making for the same reason... commercial soaps made my skin crawl! You are going to love making your own handmade soap! It's the best!

Last edited:
Back