Another newbie from Texas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clouser

Reaction score
Howdy everyone. I'm yet another newbie from Texas. I've made four batches of CP so far, and I'm learning a ton just by browsing through this forum.

A little background on why I decided to start making my own soap: About a year ago, the sides of my torso started to itch. I never developed a rash, but I was constantly scratching. I narrowed it down to the commercial bar soap I was using, so I started experimenting with other bar soaps. The only soap that wouldn't make me itch was Dove, which I didn't like using because of all the moisturizers. My body just felt slimy after showering. One day, I was telling my neighbor about it, and he said that he and his wife make their own CP soap, so he gave me some to try out. It didn't make me itch, so I decided to try and tackle making soap on my own. I'm a scientist, so the chemistry aspect of making soap really appealed to me. I've been having a lot of fun researching and experimenting with recipes on soapcalcs.

Cool welcome! I'm one of the other newbies from TX. My fiance has real sensitive skin, and I partly decided to make soap so they can use something they won't have a reaction to.

Whats your field, if you don't mind me asking?

Cool welcome! I'm one of the other newbies from TX. My fiance has real sensitive skin, and I partly decided to make soap so they can use something they won't have a reaction to.

Whats your field, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm a biologist.

Latest posts

Back