Another Newb

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayBond

Reaction score
Good morning, I posted once with a question about why my soap, (only our second batch. first one never reached trace, too much water because I used soap calc incorrectly) was so nasty after 24 hours. What I learned? People sure are passionate about their soap making! Clearly this is a site with a ton of experience and knowledge and I am thankful to have found it. My husband and I are looking forward to learning more as we delve into this new hobby.

Welcome to the forum. Can you list the ingredients, including water and lye, that you used in your recipe?

Welcome to the forum. Can you list the ingredients, including water and lye, that you used in your recipe?
Thank you, Isg!! The original post had all that info and the responses got pretty heated so the post was closed. For that reason, though I appreciate your willingness to help, I won't relist the info here. I hope you understand.

Welcome! I hope whatever "heatedness" occurred regarding your recipe won't put you off from posting other recipes or asking for help. We are generally a friendly lot and at the end of the day, pretty much like and respect one another. Looking forwarding to sharing your soapy learning journey! :)

ETA: just read that post. Whew. Thankfully I can attest that this is FAR from the norm in this group. Definitely don't be put off by the two non-regulars who became so nasty. Things don't normally go that way, but if they do, the admins and mods are ON IT and will not allow it to continue.

Last edited:
Welcome, Haybond. It's not always the fault of the original poster when a thread goes awry, so please don't let that one experience put you off. It was not your fault at all. Every now and then, on many forums, disagreements over one thing or another can get over-heated, but here at SMF, we try and usually succeed at treating each other with respect. However, when you're caught in the middle of it, it's still off-putting.

I do look forward to your participation here and hope to see more of you and your soap.

Howdy Bond' Sorry for your first not so positive encounter. Your right we are passionate & like any family we speak our minds having said that' we grow & move on. Glad you decided to take another plunge' I'm sure it will be more positive for you. :hippo:

Latest posts

Back