Another New House Update

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As of yesterday, I am not sure I will be getting my new house after all. šŸ˜­ It is supposed to go into production in February, yesterday I received a call from my dealer informing me due to numerous cancellations they will not build my house without another $76k sent to them to make my downpayment 50%. This was not required when I purchased the house and signed the contract. As it is they have $42k and I am not willing to give them more at this point. In these shaky economic times I cannot be positive they stay in business long enough to build my home. So I might be canceling too. We will see.

Thatā€™s awful news, Carolyn, Iā€™m so sorry.

Have you tried calling any of the stick-home builders to see if they will take your call now? I donā€™t know about NV, but here, building has slowed way way down due to high interest rates. So all the trades are very hungry for work and available practically immediately.

Thatā€™s awful news, Carolyn, Iā€™m so sorry.

Have you tried calling any of the stick-home builders to see if they will take your call now? I donā€™t know about NV, but here, building has slowed way way down due to high interest rates. So all the trades are very hungry for work and available practically immediately.
We did find one new home builder, so it is now a high possibility. Tony is going to call him back next week. I am so uncomfortable with turning over more money to Palm Harbor, as it is I wonder how hard it is going to be to get back my deposit.

We did find one new home builder, so it is now a high possibility. Tony is going to call him back next week. I am so uncomfortable with turning over more money to Palm Harbor, as it is I wonder how hard it is going to be to get back my deposit.
If they give you any crap, get a hold of Kyle Iboshi ([email protected]) at KGW. He's an investigative reporter and has helped a lot of people with companies that screw around with folks. Another option is Hasso Hering (hh-today.com/contact/)...he's local, was the former head honcho at the Albany Democrat-Herald and doesn't mind pissing people off. And I don't have an issue with going to war with a local company that isn't doing right by people.

If they give you any crap, get a hold of Kyle Iboshi ([email protected]) at KGW. He's an investigative reporter and has helped a lot of people with companies that screw around with folks. Another option is Hasso Hering (hh-today.com/contact/)...he's local, was the former head honcho at the Albany Democrat-Herald and doesn't mind pissing people off. And I don't have an issue with going to war with a local company that isn't doing right by people.
Thank you. I have no issues about going to war with companies either.

I would certainly cancel my order. Once you agreed on the price and gave them a deposit, that should seal the deal.

Update...I told our dealer we will not give them the extra money down and they will be getting another cancellation if this avenue is pursued. Well the answer was our dealer is going to cover the addtional down required. Cannot say I believe that one but our house is supposed to be delivered by the end of Feb to the first of March. We shall see. :D :D Of course now the weather has turned and we cannot get up there to get our lot finished. We still need to have the final grading and foundation completed. It gets a little tough when the Sierras are between us and our lot!!

I'm confused. In your original post you said it was supposed to go into production in February and now you are saying that it's supposed to be delivered the end of February to the first of March. There is no way I trust a triple-wide being built in three to four weeks.

I'm confused. In your original post you said it was supposed to go into production in February and now you are saying that it's supposed to be delivered the end of February to the first of March. There is no way I trust a triple-wide being built in three to four weeks.
I agree, they still cannot seem to get their act together. For me, it is just a wait-and-see as I still have no definite delivery time.

ETA: I was talking to my husband over breakfast and he says it can be done with the proper crew. We were in the formliner prefab business and it is amazing how fast buildings can be constructed today. According to our vendor, the factory has finally been able to hire some good employees and finally running efficiently. This is one of the advantages of building in controlled environments. We shall see.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back