Another NC Newbie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KandKinNC

Reaction score
Good morning boys and girls. I'm Ken, married to Karen, from halfway between the mountains and the coast of North Carolina.

I discovered this forum quite by accident, and boy am I glad I did. Our favorite soap maker quit selling soap a while back and after buying from several other makers we weren't quite satisfied with what we were getting. All were good to excellent soaps, just not hitting dead-on what we wanted.

In my latest search for a new soap source I stumbled across this forum and the lightbulb went on in my head to make my own. I don't know why I never thought to try making soap before, it's a natural fit for me. I've always been of the do it yourself and it's bound to be better mentality but for some reason soap making didn't click in my mind.

After reading here, there, and everywhere (mostly here) I finally made my first batch last night. So far everything looks good, I'll try and get pics in a bit and post them later. I'm looking forward to many more batches down the pike, and can hardly wait to break away from using a recipe and start experimenting.

Welcome to our little piece of insanity or sanity.....hmmmm

Anywho, experiment away!! I did that last night with a batch and I am going to unmold it when I get home from my "day job" I hope it turns out well, I have no power and it is like 100% humid out today. So we shall see...

Yep you will have to post pics!!! We love that stuff

Welcome Ken! This forum is a great inspiration to all wanna be and experienced soapmakers. Most of the knowledge you will need for making soap is available by reading older posts and with help from members. They are great!

Hi there! It is cool that you are going to be able to tailor make your soaps for your own personal needs. Yes please put up pics! Welcome. :)

Latest posts

Back