Another Masterbatching Question.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillsandwitch

Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack he other thread on masterbatching with my own question so hence the new topic.

I buy my tallow from Coles/Woolworths/IGA whichever I happen to be at at the time. It comes in little 500gm blocks that are stored in the fridge isle with the butters.

If I masterbatch this with my other oils ( CO, Castor, either OO or Ricebran) do I need to keep the entire lot in the fridge as the tallow is stored in the fridge?

TIA

I would, but that's just me. Since it's already kept in the fridge and warmer weather is coming up.
I remember when I was growing up, my parents would keep homemade lard in big tubs out in the pantry or in our basement from autumn to spring. But we lived in Europe and had freezing weather through out winter.

As long as this isn't lard, tallow shouldn't need to be stored in the fridge. I've had some that I rendered myself on the shelf for 8 months now and it is a white as the day I rendered it.

Out of curiosity, how much do you pay for 500 grams?

depending on if its the store brand or not it ranges from $2.40 to 2.99. its the only source apart from rendering my own (which wont happed as covered in another post of mine). i find it reasonably priced for my needs.

Latest posts

Back