Another hello from North Carolina

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey y'all. I have been on here for a few weeks now but have not introduced myself yet. My name is Jessika and I am located in NC.

About me - I am a single mom that works too much and is too tired to go out and do social things. So I craft. From macrame, to crochet, to soap making - I do it all. I also am well known to go overboard on buying supplies for whatever the latest craze is. (So if you are in my area and ever need anything, chances are I have it stocked like a warehouse). This is one of the benefits to being single :D Nobody complains about the 200 pounds of lye I have in my living room. Will I use it all? Probably not. But how do I pass up those sales????

I love to learn new things. I love to create new things. I love to perfect everything and get a kick out of anything that has a core logic to it. Chalk it up to the Project Manager in me.

Anywho... here I am. I am here to learn and to share and to laugh. I can't wait to meet y'all!!

animated-welcome-image-0291.gif Jessika.
It sounds like maybe you are trying to resell, if so be careful with selling lye. Many states have strict laws when it comes to selling Hazardous materials which Caustic Soda is. I do use up to 200 lbs of NaOH a year, but if I purchased that large amount I would be questioned even though I am listed as a soapmaker.

View attachment 30726 Jessika.
It sounds like maybe you are trying to resell, if so be careful with selling lye. Many states have strict laws when it comes to selling Hazardous materials which Caustic Soda is. I do use up to 200 lbs of NaOH a year, but if I purchased that large amount I would be questioned even though I am listed as a soapmaker.

In my defense, Essential Depot just ran a sale for buy one get one free on 32lbs of lye. So 64lbs for $38+shipping... who could pass that up?

Hey y'all. I have been on here for a few weeks now but have not introduced myself yet. My name is Jessika and I am located in NC.

About me - I am a single mom that works too much and is too tired to go out and do social things. So I craft. From macrame, to crochet, to soap making - I do it all. I also am well known to go overboard on buying supplies for whatever the latest craze is. (So if you are in my area and ever need anything, chances are I have it stocked like a warehouse). This is one of the benefits to being single :D Nobody complains about the 200 pounds of lye I have in my living room. Will I use it all? Probably not. But how do I pass up those sales????

I love to learn new things. I love to create new things. I love to perfect everything and get a kick out of anything that has a core logic to it. Chalk it up to the Project Manager in me.

Anywho... here I am. I am here to learn and to share and to laugh. I can't wait to meet y'all!!

Hello neighbor! I too live in the Old North State of North Carolina. The City of Medicine, specifically. Glad to see a fellow North Carolinian here. Just a titch envious of the supplies you've stocked up on!

Back