Another goat's milk question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetulips

Reaction score
I've made several batches of soap, using frozen goat's milk instead of water to mix with the lye. Now I make sure to stir a lot so it is fully dissolved and try to strain the mixture before adding it to the oils.

My question is why do I get white swirls in this soap? It doesn't happen with my non-goat's milk soaps. Also, this soap is so much softer and harder to cut nicely (because it's so soft). I'm thinking of switching to beef tallow instead of lard for these soaps to be harder. I haven't rendered tallow before though. It's thick and hard compared to bacon grease that I've done before.

I'm a newbie and so far I've only done goat milk soap also, using frozen goat milk. If it's any consolation, I'm having the same problem. Great recipe, I love the soap and it eventually hardens nicely but...jeesh...it is so soft for DAYS after pouring. I was trying to do without the SL but I don't want to change my recipe so I think I'm gonna go ahead with it. Good luck!

Haha on me. I have made a few batches of goats milk soap and never worried about softness because they have always hardened. But I guess I didn't worry because I thought soap was SUPPOSED to take a couple of months to fully cure!

Latest posts

Back