Another batch of ZNSC complete

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cut looks even weirder than I expected. So, you get a dark rim, but another light rim around it??? Also, from the cutting streaks, it seems that the cocoa powder wasn't ideally dispersed, so it had less chance to contribute the best of its colour. You can literally melt chocolate into the oils (I've recently learned that American baking chocolate has no sugar added). Or read up what others have to say about that.

The ombré might have caught some stearic spots and/or soda ash. Did you use sodium lactate? For the ZNSC and ZNSB, stearic spots are impossible, though.

ZNSC & ZNSB just don’t hold color!
True. Especially for "natural" colorants. It's the salt, me thinks. Keep that in mind when using fsw in other recipes. 😉 If your recipe doesn't need a boost of hardening, i.e, the job for which it is intended, skip the fsw. :thumbs:

Great catch. Thanks for bringing it to light.
Thank You.gif

Bar looks different now that it isn’t wet this morning.
View attachment 62548

This is somewhat expected (as far as one can expect anything from it at all 😂). It darkens upon air contact (like what makes it through the outermost layer of soap via diffusion), but on more air contact (the outer rind, or the cut surface), it fades again. If you cut that bar at a different position, the dark ring will be there again. Over time (days? months?) it'll shrink, or something entirely unexpected happens. Heck, what a miraculous soap 🤪😄

I’ve said this before but @Zany_in_CO no slime soap is the best ! I made Owls last year with indigo and I just gave my last one to my daughter because she wanted it. The owl was white and the eyes were blue. The color never changed . Also rose clay stayed the same after a year. A nice pink. I have one flower left , all white , that still smells like peppermint . It’s mine forever ❤️ I’ve been making more this week! Thanks Zany for sharing this. I have my prepared cubes in the freezer ready to go.

I’ve said this before but @Zany_in_CO no slime soap is the best ! I made Owls last year with indigo and I just gave my last one to my daughter because she wanted it. The owl was white and the eyes were blue. The color never changed . Also rose clay stayed the same after a year. A nice pink. I have one flower left , all white , that still smells like peppermint . It’s mine forever ❤️ I’ve been making more this week! Thanks Zany for sharing this. I have my prepared cubes in the freezer ready to go.
So am I hearing that Indigo as far as a colorant stays in ZNSC?! 😁

So am I hearing that Indigo as far as a colorant stays in ZNSC?! 😁
It actually did in mine. I wish I had a picture. I used goat milk with the salts and froze first. I didn't want to give my last one away, but my daughter really wanted so I thought I could just make more. I can show you a picture of when I made them , which was last December. It really didn't change. They were so cool!

Looking forward to snapping a picture of what I think will be pink or possibly red ZNSC Valentine’s Day soap. Haven’t had much luck with color sticking with the lovely 🥰 lovely soaps I’ve made using the faux sea water. However, when I poured into the cavity molds, the batter was definitely RED! Color for 16oz oils was 1tsp rose clay & a 3second squeeze from a “Ruby Red” glycerin colors for soap. Attempting to leave them in the mold for days vs 24hrs in hopes of reducing soda ash.

Last edited:
I just can’t keep my hands off my soap! 🤣🤪. ZNSC makes for a HARD bar so I knew I could pop one out of the mold , poured just this morning, to check the color. They look more mauve than photo or at least less vibrant red than seen in the picture. They smell lightly floral. FO=love spell. I’m 😊🥰
❤️💙💜 this recipe!

Attachments

• 4C01471E-B18A-4FB4-BAFD-0DD47BA23577.jpeg
    4C01471E-B18A-4FB4-BAFD-0DD47BA23577.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 31
The ZNSB mini hand soaps that I made staff for Valentine’s Day were quite the hit. More than one person reported back that the soap was “the perfect size for a hand soap”. Made another 16oz oils batch (80/15/5). Unscented & uncolored for use in a classroom.

Attachments

• 8BA9D219-44AA-4D4D-A21C-95341460EE0F.jpeg
    8BA9D219-44AA-4D4D-A21C-95341460EE0F.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 24
I love these mini Gugelhupf moulds! They look cute and indeed have a handy format. I just somehow dislike how they feel when rubbing between hands. That hole thingie is awkward and somehow scratchy, at least in the beginning.
For the time being, my set of silicone Gugelhupf moulds is reserved for microwave mug cakes. 😋

I love these mini Gugelhupf moulds! … For the time being, my set of silicone Gugelhupf moulds is reserved for microwave mug cakes. 😋
I’m so happy your back!!! I love new words!
Gugelhupf… had to look it up & now want to make some of those yummy treats in my stainless Gugelhupf pan that I’ve literally NEVER USED!!!! 🤗 ✨🍥

I’m on Spring Break & went to a friends house to make some ZNSC soap yesterday. Had so much fun! 🧼✨ Per usual the green color isnt vibrant, due to the faux sea water, but they smell fabulous (NS~aromatherapy)! I didn’t attempt anything fancy due to FO bottle stating that the scent caused moderate acceleration.
BD1DF3B9-7EF1-4EBC-8A17-F96646400C29.jpeg

I wish I had not given all previous ZNSC cavity mold soaps “baths” to remove soda ash without 1st snapping a pic for reference. 🤦‍♀️

Latest posts

Back