Anise EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jean1C

Reaction score
Used Anise EO for the first time today. Used a recipe I had soaped with several times before. I added the Anise E.O. at 3 % and BAM....A semi-solid mess! AND it turned my blue mica....pink/burgandy...WTH? (cause when you think Anise..you think "pink"...NOT)I did a HP...so maybe that was the problem? I GLOBBED it in the mold and it is headed for the trash. But...it smells reallllllyyyy good. Thinking I can just use it in the kitchen for an air freshener.

I really wanted a CHUNK of anise soap...but not chunky....lol! I am going to try again tomorrow with CP....any advice? Can I even think about doing layers? Or some sort of design...It seized so bad!

Awe thats a bummer!! :(
I don't know how to work through seizing other than increasing water but think 38 is the limit you want to go? Haven't heard of over that but maybe someone will
Chime in that you should for seizing oils like anise.

Otherwise for me.. I'd likely do layers and add a little to each one separate. Basically mix colors.. Then do portion of EO.. Stir with spoon and pour fast. Repeat with each.
Would love to know what others do. Maybe just don't? Haha!

Not sure what's going on as I don't do HP. I do a CP anise soap and haven't had any problems with seizing, morphing etc. Actually I find it behaves very well. I don't discount water, never have done. Below is the Anise soap, plenty of time for swirls, so there would be plenty of time for layers.
IMG_1431_zps15285403.jpg

How does your anise scent stick? The soap I made faded to nothing by the time it cured.

I can't answer that because it is only one day old and headed for its demise in the trash today. But, I read somewhere to use a little rosemary olesin.

I am going to try it with CP today to see what happens.

I make an anise soap and have never had it seize..that is strange.
You could try reheating it slowly in the crock.

@ Relle that soap is such a beautiful color..

Thanks everyone. I did a CP today with the ANISE EO....NO problems whatsoever....
I had the crock on low, but maybe it was too hot? Anyway...in the trash today!!!

Latest posts

Back