Anise blend help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicybath

Reaction score
Hello and hey to anybody who remembers me here! I haven't made soap for a few years. Life got kind of crazy, but I dragged out my supplies a few days ago so I could make some soap for holiday gifting.

My brother loved a soap I made once using Star Anise E/O. Personally, I thought using it straight was a bit intense, so I'd like to make it with a blend. Anybody have a favourite blend I could try? I was thinking about Orange 10X E/O. If I try that. what do you think should be the proportions? 1:1? 1:2? Something else?

Thank you so much for your thoughts on this.

I missed making soap- it's such fun:)

lavender, orange, clove and cinnamon and also pine and rosewood are all suggested blends with anise but we like mint and anise combo in our home.

Anise is lovely on its own when used lightly (<3%). It's obnoxious when heavy, I think.

I've tried several blends but never really nailed it. It has come out dark and muddled, even with a light hand on the anise. But it is all in the ratios -- maybe folks will share?

I generally don't like foodie scents, but pure, light, anise is an exception for me. It's a natural at the kitchen sink, but I even like it in the shower. I imagine it helps to like black licorice, which I do.

just wanted to welcome you back after such a long absence , and i came up with the same list of blends as the replys you already receive { lavender , pine , clove , orange , cinnamon , rosewood }

Thank you everyone, and thanks for the welcome back Lion of Judah! I went with a 1:1 Anise and 10X orange e/o. We'll see how it cures out. I can definitely smell mostly anise, but that is good because it's for my brother and he loves it. :)

Like kumudini, I like a "licorice mint" blend: equal parts star anise and a rectified peppermint EO. Sometimes I add a small amount of eucalyptus too. Depending on my EO inventory, I'll sometimes replace some or all of the anise with similarly smelling fennel.

Latest posts

Back