And yet MORE advice needed for new name for business.. errr

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinchgrrl

Reaction score
Ok, agonizing was a word I read in a post about Quabbine. I am too also. I was called Secret Garden Botanicals and I liked it fine. However, I have decided to redo everything.. logo, cards, new look to the packaging of product. But, I am wondering about a name. I have developed my first line and it is pretty cool. I have my resident artist working on cute little anime characters for the product packaging.(anyone familiar with the cartoon Pucca?) but,, I am marketing the young, rich Hot Topic, Spencers, Gadzooks crowd for this particular line and want to have an edgy name. My nick name is Mars and hardly anyone ever calls me Marissa.. So, maybe with my name?
Soap from Mars.. eh.. I dunno. Thinking s hard about it has put the zap on my brain. Lemme know what yall think?
Love yous,
Mars
ps: for info on me.. visit myspace at Grinchgrrl16/myspace.com

Why does your name have to be in your product line.

I actually think they look more profesional if they are not part of the name. But that's just me.

I just added a new thread here with my new domain name and logo, take a peek.

Re: And yet MORE advice needed for new name for business.. e

Grinchgrrl said:
Ok, agonizing was a word I read in a post about Quabbine. I am too also. I was called Secret Garden Botanicals and I liked it fine. However, I have decided to redo everything.. logo, cards, new look to the packaging of product. But, I am wondering about a name. I have developed my first line and it is pretty cool. I have my resident artist working on cute little anime characters for the product packaging.(anyone familiar with the cartoon Pucca?) but,, I am marketing the young, rich Hot Topic, Spencers, Gadzooks crowd for this particular line and want to have an edgy name. My nick name is Mars and hardly anyone ever calls me Marissa.. So, maybe with my name?
Soap from Mars.. eh.. I dunno. Thinking s hard about it has put the zap on my brain. Lemme know what yall think?
Love yous,
Mars
ps: for info on me.. visit myspace at Grinchgrrl16/myspace.com

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! That's my crowd...we aren't rich....And a lot of us aren't young anymore. I remember when Hot Topic was the "goth" store and the only place you could buy Indie Music, it's far too main stream now, which is really sad...I LOVE your idea about the cute little characters though! I was a manager for HT for about three years, and I will say, anime styles and cultures are a very nice marketing angle, but everyone is doing it. EVERYONE. (Nice MS, Smashing Pumpkins RULE! I <3 Corgan!!)

Missjulesdid said:
If you want some creative inspiration go to scrubyourbutt.com http://www.scrubyourbutt.com/

It's a bit of a different subculture target audience but the site had me rolling on the floor... Anyone here know these people?

I dont know about you but I visited that site and think that could be offensive to some people -- specially if you stink!

lol

itsmeroro said:
Missjulesdid said:
If you want some creative inspiration go to scrubyourbutt.com http://www.scrubyourbutt.com/

It's a bit of a different subculture target audience but the site had me rolling on the floor... Anyone here know these people?

I dont know about you but I visited that site and think that could be offensive to some people -- specially if you stink!

lol

OMG I lOVE IT !!!!!!
(i don't offend easily)

But I think i need to look for THIS mold for my sister-in-law
she's a skinny witch that is cold hearted and just plain mean.
http://www.scrubyourbutt.com/purplegoddess.htm

Back