And I had been having such luck with FO's

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat_pro

Reaction score
Ok so I had my first FO cease a few nights ago, but I did manage to get it in the mold. However the oxides and ultramarines didn't fully mix and I have spots, and now it is as hard as a rock and I can not get it out of the pipe mold. Should I just hit it with a hammer and try and get it out? cause even putting it in the fridge didn't work. Then if it does finaly come out should it be fine if I rebatch it?

It's no big loss if I have to throw it out cause I hate the FO it doesn't smell like a spa it smells like those sweatart candies from when I was a kid.

Did you try popping it in the freezer for a day . I made a soap pusher for my round pvc mold with a 1x4 with the shape of the mold but slightly smaller screwed on the end .I stand it on the floor and push the soap out .The other end is the shape of my downspout mold. The scent may change to be more to your liking , if you can get it out and let it cure awhlie.
HTH

Kitn

I agree with Kitn- stick it in the freezer for a day instead of the fridge. After that, I would use a hair dryer to blow hot air on the pipe to help the soap come loose.

Yes, you can definitely rebatch it to help smooth out the color.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back