And all us 'non thanks giving ' people are like....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooo- hand-cut egg noodles?! I'm impressed! You've got me beat. I've yet to ever make hand-cut egg noodles to date. I bet they were yummy. My usual M.O. is to boil up some packaged egg noodles (separately), as well as some wild rice (also separately), because some around here like turkey noodle soup while others like turkey rice soup. lol Once the main soup is made, they can then just add in either noodles or rice to their individual bowl.

IrishLass :)

Normally it's Reams for everyone but I forgot to buy them and we're having an ice storm so hand made seemed easier.

...where did everyone go?

I stopped by and browsed between "snacks". Like others here I ate more than I should and enjoyed the company of others.

Our big holiday is coming up in 4 weeks. I am looking forward to seeing the kids and grand kids. They all grew up and moved to other places in pursuit of careers.

I think I checked in once or twice here, while stuffing my face.

We had family over in our tiny apartment for the very first time (usually we end up going to other relatives houses). It turned out very nice! The husband fried half a 20 something pound turkey in his oil less fryer (didn't realize that the fryer could only hold 15 pounds, so we have a half a turkey to still cook up over the weekend!). It came out perfect and delicious!

... I'm still working on cleaning dishes, unfortunately.

The year round farmers market is having a "black friday" type of event today where you get $2 to spend at the market ... So, I may go to that sometime this afternoon.

I always bake my turkey on the day before and after the carving I give the carcass a good long simmer. When making my gravy on Thanksgiving I was using the gelled stock to thin my gravy and my 18 year old grandaughter asked why I was putting jello in my gravy. Turns out she had never heard of making stock from the carcass. I don't think her mom has ever cooked a turkey. Maybe it's time for her to host The Thanksgiving dinner.:think::think::think:

Yep, lots of Michigan north of me. my patents live about an hour or so from the upper peninsula. We had beautiful weather 60 degrees is unheard of this time of year. Especially with sun.

Shhh, you shouldn't have said that, lol ! The weather turned around and rained all day yesterday. Atleast it wasn't snow and sleet and today looks better already.

I woulda thought you non-Thanksgiving folks would have enjoyed a day or three of not having us boisterous Americans around! :mrgreen:

We went to friends' house for Thanksgiving and thoroughly enjoyed stuffing our faces with wonderful food and visiting with the friends and their various children and grandchildren. It was a happy afternoon of controlled mayhem.

Today my stepson is visiting. He's a joy -- I'm always amazed that he likes hanging with his dad and me.

At the moment, we're baking home grown buttercup squash. Some of it we will use later to make homemade squash ravioli and some we'll freeze. We got an entire wheelbarrow full of squash this year, but it's really really good -- tender, sweet, not stringy, not watery -- so it's a good problem to have. It's great in squash bread (aka pumpkin bread) or to eat just like sweet potatoes or regular potatoes.

EG, it must have been quiet in here.

Noooo Thanksgiving in the land from down under (its too close to Christmas to have two big eating days). I wasn't in, because the PC was broken.

Latest posts

Back