An Opportunity

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine who makes many bath and body as well as skin care items has invited me to bring soap to a holiday market. She used to have a limited amount of soap available but has become so busy with the rest of her product line, she no longer has time for soap making. So, I'll sell under her business at a one day market that is close to home and only goes from 9-4. Seems like a win-win to me!

Sounds good but I have a question.

Will you be labeling your soaps under Her name ? Is that what you meant by " I'll sell under her business" ?
If that is the case, IMO, I would rather keep my name and labels so that I could also generate business for myself. It's nice that she asked but to really be a Win Win, I would have to gain customers that would also go to my FM/Fairs and order online too. You are filling in a spot that she doesn't do anymore.
If she wants it under her name, then I would sell her the soaps plain at wholesale and let her wrap and sell what she wants.
Not being mean, it is just what I would do.

Sounds good but I have a question.

Will you be labeling your soaps under Her name ? Is that what you meant by " I'll sell under her business" ?
If that is the case, IMO, I would rather keep my name and labels so that I could also generate business for myself. It's nice that she asked but to really be a Win Win, I would have to gain customers that would also go to my FM/Fairs and order online too. You are filling in a spot that she doesn't do anymore.
If she wants it under her name, then I would sell her the soaps plain at wholesale and let her wrap and sell what she wants.
Not being mean, it is just what I would do.
I will be labeling with her business name for this sale. I do not currently or in the future plan to start my own business. Been there, done that, and I really don't want to do it again. Never say never, but I just don't think I ever will. We have talked about me making the two soaps she had kept in her line for her. So far she hasn't needed me to do that, but if the day comes that she does need me to make her a couple of batches once in awhile, I will gladly do that for her. She has given me so much in the way of soaping supplies.

As for selling soaps to her at wholesale - this is one of my dearest friends and I would never do that. She has offered me an opportunity to sell without having to pay for insurance, a booth set up, creating a business and all that goes with it. Bonus for me because I might be able to make a little money.

Lin - great questions and thought processes.
Dibbles - great answers.

So much to think about with business objectives. I'm glad it is clear to you Dibbles. Your win is most important.

Latest posts

Back