An interesting blog post about making your own mp base. Only glycerin is needed.

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

seven

Reaction score
yer welcome, TEG. the only thing i'm still not sure about is the clarity. pics on the blog are rather confusing. it showed a clear soap inside the mold, but a slightly opaque color on the finished soap. this can totally happen if incorrect proportion of solvents were used.

judymoody

Reaction score
That looks really cool! I may give this a try. It would be great to have something the kids can work with as well.

seven

Reaction score
the only downside is that it produces a cloudy soap. it melted clear though. i am also a bit nervous about adding so much glycerin. i can imagine it will sweat like crazy in my climate :(

that said, this can be a very interesting project to do with the children like judy mentioned. and i always thought you need alcohol/pg for the soap to be remelted. guess not. always a new thing to learn everyday.

seven

Reaction score
The rest of the russian blog is really cool! She has some interesting recipes!
indeed. i've been reading it non stop. the google translation can be funny sometimes, but as long as i understand the general picture :D

ilovesoap2

Reaction score
I plan to try this one too. I hope I can switch out the coconut.

MzMolly65

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Seven .. I was looking at other melt and pour recipes but wasn't willing to make any because of the alcohol and how badly I react to that.

This looks very interesting.

Can anyone tell me if there was a link to translate the Russian page or are you just putting it through a translator of your own? I looked for a google link on her website that would translate the whole page but couldn't find one.

Tienne

Reaction score
Wheeeh, how exciting! I wanna try this! My self-imposed quarantine from any and all soap supply sites ends in 6 days and then all I need is some stearic acid and some glycerine. *Frantically scribbling down a shopping list to have ready at zero hour.* Thank so much for the link, Seven! :D

PS. I got a good chuckle out of reading this at the link;

"On my information and inspirational journey – yes, we soapers call it inspiration, not copy catting..."

Ain't it the truth. :lol:

Seawolfe

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there was a link to translate the Russian page or are you just putting it through a translator of your own? I looked for a google link on her website that would translate the whole page but couldn't find one.
MzMolly, I use the Chrome viewer: www.google.com/chrome
If I go to a site in another language it gives me an option on the top bar to translate it to English. Its very handy.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I am trying this today.:)

kaliquen

Reaction score
I use firefox and had to install a translation add-on but when I went back to the site it translated automatically.

lpstephy85

Reaction score
Yeah, I am definitely trying this today or tomorrow, thanks!!

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Seven, I just poured the M&P base into individual bar molds. Everything went well, can't wait until it hardens to try remelting, coloring and scenting it. Thanks again.:p

seven

Reaction score
Seven, I just poured the M&P base into individual bar molds. Everything went well, can't wait until it hardens to try remelting, coloring and scenting it. Thanks again.:p
that's great. can't wait to see the results. i can't take credit for anything though, i was only sharing the link :D

btw, i am very curious about the color. will it stay clear once it set? what about sweating issue with that much glycerin? i know for a fact that this one, however much i wanna try it, won't work for me coz the climate i live in.. oh bugger :(