an experiment...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
i am working on something and my fingers are crossed that it will come out, but i got partial gel on my loaf. if it has just cooled down, but not cut yet, can i pop it in the oven and get it to finish gelling with out damaging the soap?

oh thank goodness! i am really excited to do this since i havent seen any one else do a soap quite like what i am trying (look wise)

Just don't wait too long. If the soap begins to dry and form a crust on top, it won't work out as expected.

i ended up messing it up. :( i was trying to hurry and forgot to let the second batch of lye cool down before i soaped it.... instant thick trace pretty much. i needed just the thinnest of traces to get the look i was going for, so i had to improvise big time. i am not pleased but who knows, maybe it will look nicer once cut.

i guess i am happy with the way it came out. it is not at all what i intended but will work. i already cut the bars and have them on the curing shelf, lol. i love when soap sets up fast. :)

AAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! :evil:

We've been waiting and waiting and waiting. Now they're cut and hidden away and nothing except "I guess they're all right?" You've done it and it worked? What did?

Not even a blurry picture?

After all of this? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyC0X1z4J0U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyC0X1z4J0U[/ame]

(long sigh) Guess I'll get some sleep. If I can. I might kick a dog on the way. No, not that. But I'll think about it. :cry:

better not be my dog! he's a man eater!

pics please krissaaayyy :D

sorry! i went to sleep and just saw the messages. i was trying to do perfectly even vertical stripes and had cut up an entire batch of pink soap into 1 inch thick strips an arranged them all as perfectly even as i could get them.

i was going to do my purple stripes as the second part but like i said i got nearly instant super thick trace so i had to smash the purple into another mold and then grab pink pieces and shove them into the purple soap. :( i was sooo disappointed.

anyways here is a pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dissapointed! krissy, that soap is beautiful! Well done. I understand you had something else in your mind, but try to look at it without expectation- it looks perfect to me!!

It looks like it worked great! Would't the pink strips topple over if the batter is too thin? This looks very tricky to do. Such beautiful colors too!

I like em! Looks really cool. And the color combination is great as well.

That looks great! I think for handmade that counts as perfect! I would buy it in a second!

Latest posts

Back