An article and other fallacies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found this article a few months ago and I about cried. With the recent post about the essential oil reaction, I just wanted to post it because it bothers me that someone might read an article and think everything is hunky dory or that their body is just "healing". An excerpt is below

"Occasionally, a person receiving essential oils claims to have had allergic reaction to them. Such claims are based on a faulty understanding of what constitutes an allergy. While some people occasionally react in an unpleasant manner to the application of an essential oil, such a reaction is never allergenic. Allergies tend to be permanent, often lasting a life-time, while essential oil reactions are temporary. In fact, they are actually therapeutic and indicate the initiation of a cleansing, healing process."

I'm sorry but I just don't believe anything in this article. It was pinned by someone on pinterest and showed up on my feed.

http://www.thankyourbody.com/can-someone-allergic-essential-oils/

I'm generally fed up with some of the bull I read online lately but, now I'm noticing its not only online. Someone is selling "food grade soap" in my home town with "steam distilled essential oils" including vanilla (not possible) and "patchouli rose" for $5 per 6 oz bar. She also claims her soap is chemical free. Hah.

Sorry. Does anyone else share frustration at this mis-information. I understand if this is a touchy subject that no one wants to broach.

wowy wowow. Yeah I don't like who ever wrote that.
-
The "natural" think grinds my gears. That and "chemical free", I have so many problems with these statements I don't even know where to start. Gah! This by the way is coming from from a kind of crunchy type guy who buys organic and cleans everything with the simplest stuff possible.

Latest posts

Back