An Amazing Acrylic Soap Beveler

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGecko

Reaction score
Thought I would share the website of the new Beveler that I am purchasing this next month (it’s been ordered, just have to pay for it).

I found it thru Yvonne, a soap maker on YouTube. It comes with 12 metal blades and 12 acrylic blades and bevels square, rectangle and round soaps.

It’s an investment. $185.00 for the Beveler and about another $90.00 for shipping (your mileage may very...it ships from Taiwan).

Anyhoo...I just wanted to share because I can’t bevel worth squat!

Beautiful! Much nicer than my potato peeler ( but much more expensive too!).

I've tried three different peelers and have a planer/beveler, but I also end up with uneven edges. I've beveled fresh cut soap, a few days old soap and up to two weeks old soap...same results. I just can't seem to get it right. I've also tried to just smooth the edges with a damp cloth, but haven't had much luck with that either

Yeah, when I told my husband I wanted to get it, he blanched a bit at the price, but I just glanced over to the bass cabinet sitting in the living room and he quieted down. Mind you, the reason why we have a bass cabinet in the living room is because we also have a bass cabinet in the bedroom. There is also a bass cabinet at his friend dp's house and another set up at ab's house and he sold another rig about five years ago. I didn't mind all the music equipment when he was playing on a regular basis, but his disability doesn't allow him to play more than a few hours a couple of times a month and I would at least like to have the one in the living room gone.

Often wondered where she got her equipment. She makes some awesome stuff.

She gets her stuff locally. What she pays pennies for over there, we pay a lot of dollars for here. I have a couple of small stamps...learned after the first one just to order and then forget that you ordered so it will be a surprise when it shows up in your mailbox.

I am gonna watch this post to see how you like it LOL.

I'll make sure to let everyone know. I'll need to make some soap though, been awhile.

I wonder how long shipping takes.

She uses FedEx and I think it takes 4 to 6 days plus customs.

Wild Plantanica offers a more economical version of a soap router/beveler, here.

I hope this person is not a friend, because I wasn't very impressed with how difficult it was to navigate the website. If I hadn't found Yvonne's Beveler already, this would be one that I would definitely look at (difficult website aside), but two of the features that I like about Yvonne's is 1) the soap scraps are contained within its own box so minimal mess and clean up, and 2) the little tray that you set your soap in and slide...as easy as using a soap cutter.

Beautiful! Much nicer than my potato peeler ( but much more expensive too!).
I'm w/ you my Old fashioned potato peeler works like a charm' lol . I ordered a beveler from etsey & i'm not happy w/ it' so back to the good old hand peeler.

I've tried three different peelers and have a planer/beveler, but I also end up with uneven edges. I've beveled fresh cut soap, a few days old soap and up to two weeks old soap...same results. I just can't seem to get it right. I've also tried to just smooth the edges with a damp cloth, but haven't had much luck with that either

Yeah, when I told my husband I wanted to get it, he blanched a bit at the price, but I just glanced over to the bass cabinet sitting in the living room and he quieted down. Mind you, the reason why we have a bass cabinet in the living room is because we also have a bass cabinet in the bedroom. There is also a bass cabinet at his friend dp's house and another set up at ab's house and he sold another rig about five years ago. I didn't mind all the music equipment when he was playing on a regular basis, but his disability doesn't allow him to play more than a few hours a couple of times a month and I would at least like to have the one in the living room gone.

She gets her stuff locally. What she pays pennies for over there, we pay a lot of dollars for here. I have a couple of small stamps...learned after the first one just to order and then forget that you ordered so it will be a surprise when it shows up in your mailbox.

I'll make sure to let everyone know. I'll need to make some soap though, been awhile.

She uses FedEx and I think it takes 4 to 6 days plus customs.

I hope this person is not a friend, because I wasn't very impressed with how difficult it was to navigate the website. If I hadn't found Yvonne's Beveler already, this would be one that I would definitely look at (difficult website aside), but two of the features that I like about Yvonne's is 1) the soap scraps are contained within its own box so minimal mess and clean up, and 2) the little tray that you set your soap in and slide...as easy as using a soap cutter.
Very nice indeed' 🤗🧼

Hubby is no help. I wanted to show him so he'd tell me I didn't need it. He said "Buy it." What's a girl to do?

I keep forgetting I'm the frugal one in the family.....

What's the little cost of shipping when you want something. 😂😂😂 I pay $70 to have a new little Gecko shipped. I am guessing you will love it. Besides our soaping equipment is not going to compare with fishing equipment even Bass fishing I would think. You are going to love it.

What's the matter with our old little Gecko? 😁

What's the little cost of shipping when you want something. 😂😂😂 I pay $70 to have a new little Gecko shipped. I am guessing you will love it. Besides our soaping equipment is not going to compare with fishing equipment even Bass fishing I would think. You are going to love it.
How does @TheGecko feel about being shipped to your place? 🤣

Back