An Amazing Acrylic Soap Beveler

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, life happened as it sometimes does and I haven't bought it yet. I need to get Christmas paid for and then I'm going to get it.

I was thinking the soap, but would love to see the beveler too.
Here are the photos. I don't have any soap that isn't already beveled, so I did a quick melt and pour. The definition isn't that great, but you can see it. It works better if you have a hard soap. The different types of cuts come on metal keys that have to be screwed into the side of the beveler. There are 12 metal keys and 12 plastic ones. I dont' know what they all do yet.

The keys would work better if they snapped on, but you have to completely remove two screws to attach them. If you want different bevels, you have undo one and then put the next key on. I provided a side view and a view of the keys.

There are no instructions in the box, but there is a note that provides the blog address to find what each of the keys will do. I copied and pasted it into a file for reference.

There is also no blocking tool on the soap slider to hold the soap in place as you push or pull the tray to keep the soap from moving as it's beveled. All this being said, I like it and feel it will save time. However, I will pick one key and probably use that for a batch. The changing back and forth is more trouble than I think it's worth, especially since I don't sell soap.

And just in case anyone thinks they get the stamps that are on top of the soap in her blog, you don't. I didn't think they came with the Beveler, but in the blog and the order form, it doesn't mention the different words or images she has on the soap in her photos.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• BEVELLER_2A.jpg
    BEVELLER_2A.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 32
  • BEVELLER_5A.jpg
    BEVELLER_5A.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 32
  • BEVELLER_9A.jpg
    BEVELLER_9A.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 31
  • BEVELLER_12A.jpg
    BEVELLER_12A.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 34
  • BEVELED SOAP_10A.jpg
    BEVELED SOAP_10A.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 40
Shirley Hailstock, I purchased one, as well! Your review is right on! Find a key and stick with it! Hard Bars Only, if you don’t want a mess! I actually do NOT Recommend. I barely use it because simple beveling with planer or Peeler will suffice. Another unnecessary purchase, for me.

@Vicki C I'm not trying to talk you out of the beveler from Yvonne - it looks truly amazing. But I just want to throw it out there that I've been very happy with the one I bought from Wild Plantanica.

The bars I did last night (still M&P) are better to see. The soap is thicker and harder, but still needs a little curing (although it says you don't). I randomly pulled a key to check and found one I like. I'll probably use that one more unless I go experimenting again. Cleanup isn't bad and I imagine with a harder soap, it'll be even easier. These bars are before and after.

Attachments

• BEVELED SOAP_13A.jpg
    BEVELED SOAP_13A.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 35
  • BEVELED SOAP_17A.jpg
    BEVELED SOAP_17A.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 34
Here are the photos. I don't have any soap that isn't already beveled, so I did a quick melt and pour. The definition isn't that great, but you can see it. It works better if you have a hard soap. The different types of cuts come on metal keys that have to be screwed into the side of the beveler. There are 12 metal keys and 12 plastic ones. I dont' know what they all do yet.

The keys would work better if they snapped on, but you have to completely remove two screws to attach them. If you want different bevels, you have undo one and then put the next key on. I provided a side view and a view of the keys.

There are no instructions in the box, but there is a note that provides the blog address to find what each of the keys will do. I copied and pasted it into a file for reference.

There is also no blocking tool on the soap slider to hold the soap in place as you push or pull the tray to keep the soap from moving as it's beveled. All this being said, I like it and feel it will save time. However, I will pick one key and probably use that for a batch. The changing back and forth is more trouble than I think it's worth, especially since I don't sell soap.

And just in case anyone thinks they get the stamps that are on top of the soap in her blog, you don't. I didn't think they came with the Beveler, but in the blog and the order form, it doesn't mention the different words or images she has on the soap in her photos.

Hope this helps.
What awesome info! Thank you so much!

I finally ordered a soap router from Wild Plantanica! When it came in, I only had one partial bar of soap that was soft enough to bevel. It took a few passes due to the size of the cut and the consistency of the bar, but wow! I’m looking forward to beveling a new loaf of wood grain soap today.

8128833C-A24B-4EF8-9AD6-A0A15B332DB1.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought the beveler a while ago, and I just looked at the website and they have six new keys :oops: ......were they part of the batch you got?

I really like the beveler a lot, but I recently got a round pull-through mold, and I am just not able to get a decent bevel on a round bar. Has anyone had any luck with that? Any tips to share?

Edited to add:

I have no restraint. I ordered the six new keys AND 4 pull-through disks..... :dance:

Last edited:
I bought the beveler a while ago, and I just looked at the website and they have six new keys :oops: ......were they part of the batch you got?

I really like the beveler a lot, but I recently got a round pull-through mold, and I am just not able to get a decent bevel on a round bar. Has anyone had any luck with that? Any tips to share?

Edited to add:

I have no restraint. I ordered the six new keys AND 4 pull-through disks..... :dance:
The 5” wide model I bought came with a whopping 22 key bits. I think it has the new ones, but I’m not 100% sure. I‘m planning to trace each of them so I can make a Key to Key Bits. Otherwise, I will never be able to keep them all straight. For the soap I beveled today, I used the same bit as above for one side and a less detailed, but similar, design for the other side. The soap looks awesome. I also bought a kaleidoscope kit that I’m probably going to try tomorrow. It came with 11 plates, which put me into option paralysis. Plus, I got a 20% off coupon for my next purchase, which will probably be more plates. I think I really need square ones, too 😂

Plus, I got a 20% off coupon for my next purchase, which will probably be more plates. I think I really need square ones, too 😂
Of COURSE you do! What kind of soaper worth her lye has only ROUND PLATES? (besides me, that is...) I mean, how can you be expected to run SCIENTIFIC testing for the rest of SMF without checking to make AB-so-LUTE-ly sure that shape doesn't affect outcomes? :nodding:

Be careful @Mobjack Bay, @AliOop is a maser enabler 🤣

Edited to add:

I've been able to bevel round bars. I think the keys that make a rounded shape on the edge work best. I'm not sure I can explain it, but I keep the soap next to the front edge of the key, turning the soap instead of sliding it all the way past the key. Maybe slightly pressing into the side as I'm turning to keep it from going forward. They aren't perfect, but I think they look pretty good.
2.2022 Round Wave.jpg

Heading off to look at new keys. FOMO, you know.

I‘m planning to trace each of them so I can make a Key to Key Bits. Otherwise, I will never be able to keep them all straight.
I made a batch of soap in a slab mold about 1/2" thick and cut small bars. I wrote a number on each key with a sharpie (which tends to wear off) and scored the corresponding number in a bar of soap while it was soft. I used that key to bevel all four sides of the top and one side, then used the key that makes the traditional (potato peeler type) bevel in the small and large sizes to see what I liked. I have all the little soaps saved in a box with the keys - I'm a very visual learner.

The 5” wide model I bought came with a whopping 22 key bits. I think it has the new ones, but I’m not 100% sure. I‘m planning to trace each of them so I can make a Key to Key Bits. Otherwise, I will never be able to keep them all straight. For the soap I beveled today, I used the same bit as above for one side and a less detailed, but similar, design for the other side. The soap looks awesome. I also bought a kaleidoscope kit that I’m probably going to try tomorrow. It came with 11 plates, which put me into option paralysis. Plus, I got a 20% off coupon for my next purchase, which will probably be more plates. I think I really need square ones, too 😂

I got the kaleidoscope kit too which came with a silicone mold that splits apart for easy soap removal. I love the square kaleidoscope soaps too, but I REALLY can't justify going down that path.

Edited to add: NOT the kaleidoscope kit from Wild Plantanica. I think my kaleidoscope kit was from Lovin' Soap.

I labeled all my key bits (just A - however far in the alphabet I got), so when I bevel I can make notes on which I used for a particular bar. I just need to see if can figure out beveling the round soaps. I've only tried it once or twice the way @dibbles described, but it looks pretty ragged. Practice, I guess. Aw, shucks, I'll need to make more soap.....

I've been able to bevel round bars. I think the keys that make a rounded shape on the edge work best. I'm not sure I can explain it, but I keep the soap next to the front edge of the key, turning the soap instead of sliding it all the way past the key. Maybe slightly pressing into the side as I'm turning to keep it from going forward. They aren't perfect, but I think they look pretty good.
View attachment 67451

Heading off to look at new keys. FOMO, you know.

*sigh* I know FOMO all too well, thank you SMF.....

Dibbles, that soap is gorgeous....

OK @AliOop do I need a Wild Plantanica beveler? 😂. Let me know. 😂😂 I LOVE how the beveled bars look.

I'm not AliOop, but I vote yes for the beveler.

1. It's easy
2. It's not too expensive for what you get
3. It's easy to clean
4. Soaps look very elegant
5. You get all sorts of shavings for confetti soap

:winner:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back