Amish Bulk Store

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw an ad in the little newspaper I get weekly about an Amish Bulk Store that is about 3 miles away. I've been past it many times, but it never seemed to be open. Well today after I saw the ad my bf and I decided to go check it out. I was going for flour, sugar, and yeast. But, lo and behold, they have palm oil, coconut oil, lard, and local honey. The price was great. So now I can buy that locally. Too bad they didn't have castor oil.

I saw an ad in the little newspaper I get weekly about an Amish Bulk Store that is about 3 miles away. I've been past it many times, but it never seemed to be open. Well today after I saw the ad my bf and I decided to go check it out. I was going for flour, sugar, and yeast. But, lo and behold, they have palm oil, coconut oil, lard, and local honey. The price was great. So now I can buy that locally. Too bad they didn't have castor oil.

Oh wow....I'd be in there for hours drooling over everything. I wonder where they are getting their coconut / palm products? I would be in there questioning the origins of everything LOL :thumbs:

I'm grateful to have as much locally grown / made produce / meat / milks / eggs / honey / seafood near me as possible. Several large organic chickens on their way! 😁 Yeah, I know, kinda took a sidestep there..... :)

@QuasiQuadrant from the brand names, they are ordering from a restaurant supplier. I recognized the 50 lb bags of flour.

I didn't recognize the coconut oil brand, but @ $16 a gallon I thought it was decent. No additives. The lady running the store told me she fries her doughnuts in the palm shortening.

Latest posts

Back