Amino acid soap Base

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Rattanjeet

Reaction score
Dear all
I found out from Instagram that there is one amino acid soap base which looks absolute transparent. My question is that how amino acid soap base is different from the Trandparend melt and pour soap base.
There is not much information on net.Though it says that it is good for the skin...
Does anyone know?

ResolvableOwl

Notorious Lyear
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Link?

Without further information, it's a wild guessing game. Is it a central constituent, or do they just add some for label appeal?

Amino acids by themselves traditionally play no role in soapmaking, except as building blocks for some syndets like cocoyl glutamate or cocamidopropyl betaine. At least the latter I've seen in a M&P recipe, but I'd never dare call it “amino acid-based” for that reason. But ye know, marketing 🤷‍♀️

Rattanjeet

Reaction score
Link?

Without further information, it's a wild guessing game. Is it a central constituent, or do they just add some for label appeal?

Amino acids by themselves traditionally play no role in soapmaking, except as building blocks for some syndets like cocoyl glutamate or cocamidopropyl betaine. At least the latter I've seen in a M&P recipe, but I'd never dare call it “amino acid-based” for that reason. But ye know, marketing 🤷‍♀️

Rattanjeet

Reaction score
I think it's not opening.If I see something on insta, how do I share it with you on this forum?

Rattanjeet

Reaction score

Hi,
I tried sending you a link but when tried myself I think it is not opening.
I have tried click the photo, just see if you can figure out.
Just look at the transparency of the soap. It's amazing
The amino acid soap looks something like this

Attachments

ResolvableOwl

Notorious Lyear
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oof, idk. Bad in Japanese 🙃
And they're probably also reluctant to disclose their business secret too generously.

Another thing for “amino” rather than “amino acid” is triethanolamin, which is an interesting alternative base (milder than NaOH, yet not as stinky as ammonia), and included in some M&P recipes.

Bubble Agent

Reaction score
And they're probably also reluctant to disclose their business secret too generously.
Another thing for “amino” rather than “amino acid” is triethanolamin, which is an interesting alternative base (milder than NaOH, yet not as stinky as ammonia), and included in some M&P recipes.
Spot on, Mr. Owl, my hat is off (feel free to choose the one you like the best...🎩👒⛑ )

At least the video I found. It is a youtuber that makes this amino acid soap
5 ingredients: Cocoyl Glutamic Acid, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Distilled Water.

Hopefully this was helpful to you, @Rattanjeet ?

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My Japanese is weak, but I know enough that they're not talking about the soap recipe. Saying thanks and talking about the Instagram app.

Marsi

Reaction score
Yvonne's video & recipe

【配方/Recipe】
椰油醯基谷胺酸/Cocoyl glutamic acid: 350g
丙二醇/propylene glycol: 90g
甘油/glycerin: 100g
純水/purified water: 175g
三乙醇胺/triethanol amine: 250g
茉莉花瓣香精/demure jasmine petals fragrance oil: 20ml
氨基酸起泡劑/sodium lauroyl methylaminopropionate: 35g
金箔/gold foil: 適量/moderate

Rattanjeet

Reaction score
Thank you all for all the info

Thank you for the input
Do you know anything about it. I mean , how good or bad is it for the skin.. if people of all age can use it.

As you rightly pointed out, there is hardly any information available on google.

Latest posts