American Flag soap fragrance oil recommendations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!
So, I'm drawing a blank on what to scent an attempt at a tribute to our upcoming Fourth of July. I'm stuck in my head on 2 things; one is the fact that polyester doesn't elicit a smell and the other is what Uncle Sam would prefer....I'm thinking an Old Spice fragrance but being that's not in my current repertoire of fragrances (which is already sizable!) I'm looking to you folks for inspiration..Thanks in advance!

i like apple pie for this... As the saying says "as American as apple pie"
Apple pie is not an American invention but whatever, it works :D

Strawberries and cream, because of the White and red stripes, and it's a 'dreamy' food like 'the American Dream'?
Anyway not from the USA but this is what 'flavour I imagine the USA to be so fragrance to if international opinions are of any use lol

I just made one for the soap challenge, I wanted apple pie scent. However the swirl needed a very loose batter so I went with Apple Jack and Peel. It has an apple scent with the spice but without any acceleration of trace and it doesn't discolor.

i like apple pie for this... As the saying says "as American as apple pie"
Apple pie is not an American invention but whatever, it works :D

It was invented by the Pennsylvania Dutch. So on American soil. It counts!

I second (or third) apple pie.

ETA: the issue with Apple Pie is that it might discolor slightly. You might need some TD to get the white part WHITE

Last edited:
Goodness, I don't think you'd like to soap with the scents that remind me of my childhood 4ths: 'liquid boy scout' (as my hubby likes to call BBQ lighter fluid) sprayed on charcoal briquettes, hot dogs & hamburgers grilling, and clams (we always had a clambake on the 4th)! lol

I'm going to be the odd one out, though, and put in a vote for something scented with blueberry. We never had apple pie on the 4th, but we always had mini blueberry pies from fresh-picked blueberries that we grilled in the burning coals in a cast-iron contraption called a pie iron.

IrishLass :)

I'd cast my vote for something apple pie or firework (smokey) smelling. NG has some "politcal" scents. I haven't tried them yet, but I'm think of getting some for my preferred political party and sending some to my opposing view family. Just for grins...

Im thinking watermelon{not jolly rancher type} as well {and maybe fresh cut grass..idk how those two would go together tho}..apple pie is wonderful for winter holidays, but it just doesn't seem like the right smell to me anyway for July 4th

Not to skew the results, but I am veering to fresh cut grass, too. Although apple pie is a very close second. For me, the colors are kind of the most important thing. I avoid red, white and blue the rest of the year because it seems too heavy handed, but I love that you reminded me that the 4th is coming up and I can make a batch without worrying about that!

Latest posts

Back