AmazonSmile Program

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you shop on Amazon, did you know about the Amazon Smile program? You can designate a charity to receive a donation from Amazon with your purchases. It costs you nothing, and little bits add up to nonprofit organizations that are supported. You can choose the charity - there is a search feature to see if the one you are interested in is participating. If the charity you want to support isn't listed, contact them (the charity) so they can get set up to receive the donations.

For years I've supported a nonprofit which makes pediatric medical devices, started by a friend. This nonprofit was recently adopted into the UofM system, so I changed my donation designation - which made me think of letting those that might be interested know.

It's a great program. To anyone new to the program, remember to log into their smile.amazon.com web address instead the Amazon.com address once signed up to have eligible purchases credited to the charity of your choice. I currently have mine set to donate to the Pheonix Society for Burn Survivors.

Yes, Ive been doing this for a while, supporting Operation Smile, where doctors donate their services to perform facial surgery for children around the world, who cannot afford the surgery on their own.

It's a great way to send a little change towards charities. When I remember to use Smile(need to get better about it), it goes to the adoption agency we are using. Which seems silly in a way, because we've sent them a crap ton of money. :)
But they do good work.

Yup. It is an awesome way to give a little to help make the world better. I found out about it a few months ago when Amazon Prime sent me an email message. I signed up right away. I am constantly on Amazon buying stuff, so I might as well let someone benefit from my spending. My chosen charity is the ASPCA. According to "my impact" statement, I've generated $6.19 for my charity. However, ALL charities combines have received a total of $32,110,627.94. "Every little bit counts." That's their motto, and it is so incredibly true. It's like water; a single drop can do nothing, but combine those drops and they form streams, rivers, and eventually oceans.

It's a great way to send a little change towards charities. When I remember to use Smile(need to get better about it), it goes to the adoption agency we are using. Which seems silly in a way, because we've sent them a crap ton of money. :)
But they do good work.

You can change your Amazon account to default to smile.amazon instead of amazon. That's what I did. If I ever log into Amazon.com by mistake, it asks if I want to view the item (or page, I forget) in smile.amazon.com instead of amazon.com. You have the option to click yes or no.

That's fantastic info, thanks for sharing!

I set myself up to give to the Carter Center. It's the charity spearheaded by Jimmy Carter that has done such good in the world: https://www.cartercenter.org/

91.4% of their funds are allocated to their programs which is really important to me. Check your charity out at: http://www.charitynavigator.org/

That's fantastic info, thanks for sharing!

I set myself up to give to the Carter Center. It's the charity spearheaded by Jimmy Carter that has done such good in the world: https://www.cartercenter.org/

91.4% of their funds are allocated to their programs which is really important to me. Check your charity out at: http://www.charitynavigator.org/

snappyllama, I loved reading this. We visited Plains, Georgia a several months ago and I was so impressed with the work he has done via the Carter Center. He is such a wonderful man and the people who live in Plains are so lucky to have him, as it the rest of the world. I think there are so many people who just don't realize what a great humanitarian Jimmy Carter was and continues to be.

I also buy almost everything on Amazon but keep forgetting about the Amazon Smile program. My charity is Beagle Rescue Education & Welfare (BREW) out of Northern Virginia. Beagles are my weakness & what a better way to make sure they get a good home and being rescued.

It seems that everyone agrees Jimmy Carter makes a better humanitarian, ambassador, and general representative of the US in world affairs than he did as President. But then again, what no one is taking into consideration is that he no longer has to fight with Congress over ever single thing he says and does. That's the problem with American politics. The President is virtually powerless. He can't do anything without Congressional approval. Even if he issues an Executive Order, the Congress can just write a law to override it if they really want to. It's the Congress that has the real power and no one pays a lick of attention to the clowns they put into the House and Senate. I hate politics and politicians. Many go into politics because they truly care about people and this country. But when they get in, they realize it's all a big scam.

I just wish Doctors and Dentist would help in their own country. We still have found no help to get my daughter her teeth and she has lost even more due to health. She will not leave the house other than go to doctor appointment because of her missing teeth. Implants are in but no money for the crowns. :-( So I am very sorry to say, I do not get excited about helping other countries. We need to help our homeless, help with dental and medical here for people who cannot get help. We we made good money I donated to Children's Hospital here and several others, so I am not against donating, problem is we now have so many in our own country that need help now

Carolyn, I think you hit the nail on the head. If the government took 1/2 if the money spent on foreign aid and put it towards US programs instead, then we would have free universal healthcare and a decent educational system that had the tools and teachers to effectively teach today's youth. However, the government is too busy being a "World Power" to be a domestic power.

Carolyn, I think you hit the nail on the head. If the government took 1/2 if the money spent on foreign aid and put it towards US programs instead, then we would have free universal healthcare and a decent educational system that had the tools and teachers to effectively teach today's youth. However, the government is too busy being a "World Power" to be a domestic power.

Ok, I try to not get political on here becasue I am sure most people won't agree with any of my beliefs - but if the US took 1/10 of the money it uses to subsidize large corporations via tax breaks or gives the military industrial complex, we could lend foreign aid AND have healthcare for everyone.

But all we hear is that Americans who need help are lazy people who just want to live off the system.

Ok rant over. Grumble.

Ok, I try to not get political on here becasue I am sure most people won't agree with any of my beliefs - but if the US took 1/10 of the money it uses to subsidize large corporations via tax breaks or gives the military industrial complex, we could lend foreign aid AND have healthcare for everyone.

But all we hear is that Americans who need help are lazy people who just want to live off the system.

Ok rant over. Grumble.

True that!

Latest posts

Back