Am I ready??? (Pics added!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been reading A LOT of tips online and watched several videos before I decided I was ready. I can't wait to make more!!

That is great!

Good for you- your swirl looks excellent. I'm very impressed!

YOu could do what I do (cause I don't like waiting) I oven process all my CP soaps in the oven at 170F for an hour, then shut the oven off and leave them overnight. This speeds up the cure and you can use them after a week or two.

Juicybath, that sounds interesting. I'm also rather impatient waiting for my soaps to cure. Do you insulate the molds or anything when they're in the oven?

I use a wooden mold that my husband made for me. I just cover the top of the soap with parchment paper. It peels off easily in the morning. Using the oven just speeds the gelling and dries it out a bit faster so it's cured more quickly. I've had great luck with it. I had one batch that tried to bubble up and out...it had oatmeal, milk and honey so I think it got extra hot. Was fine though....

Latest posts

Back