Am I getting old?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDak

Reaction score
So, yesterday I am making a batch of soap and just before putting in the lye water I decide to start a pot of boiled rice.

I got a can of chicken broth opened and start pouring...........I start hearing crackling sounds.............it is the pot of heating soap oils that I am pouring the chicken broth into!!!! :oops:

Yes, I am getting old.

That is all.

:) Thanks for the giggle. I share your pain. Things like that have been happening to me too lately, so I totally relate. As long as we can laugh it off, it's good.

I never cook when I'm making soap. Too much risk of something terrible happening. Just like I don't soap with pets or grandkids in the kitchen. Besides, I hate wasting ingredients. Sorry this happend to you. I have too many senior moments these days so better safe than sorry.

I am very lucky, in basement, I have a huge room, and bathroom beside laundry room. all finished for me, by my DH. I have microwave, and convection stove there. 4 tables....No messing around in kitchen anymore.........such relieve

The trick is to make your soap at midnight, long after dinner and when everyone else has gone to bed (my favorite time to make soap). ;)

IrishLass :)

I wish I could stay awake that long. I'm lucky to make it to 9:00 these days. Though I'm up at 4:30.

I use to be a night owl many years ago. Worked afternoons and would stay up till 3-4 a.m. or even later. Not these days.

So, yesterday I am making a batch of soap and just before putting in the lye water I decide to start a pot of boiled rice.

I got a can of chicken broth opened and start pouring...........I start hearing crackling sounds.............it is the pot of heating soap oils that I am pouring the chicken broth into!!!! :oops:

Yes, I am getting old.

That is all.
I started making soap this evening and was going to start cooking spaghetti.....thought about it for a second....nah.

I thought of this thread just now...

..in the midst of making soap and thinking "wow this is taking an age to get to anywhere near trace, how unusual"

Looked over and staring at me accusingly was my jug of lye water - doh!

I think I could have been there ages hoping for a miracle: either that or tried to persuade a pan of warm oil that it really wanted to be soap!

I just read yesterday that the way to tell if you're old is to fall down in front of a group of people. If they laugh you're good. If they rush to help, you're old. :mrgreen:

I'm only in my early 30s and in the events I fall, people usually help me up. There's also usually a good reason that I fell too ie- uneven sidewalk, "stupid dog" leash tripped me, rich people were too cheap to hire a kid to shovel and salt their front stoops and sidewalks, etc.

Making yourself a nice bowl of chicken noodle soap, eh? :-D

That's cold. :lol:

I'm only in my early 30s and in the events I fall, people usually help me up. There's also usually a good reason that I fell too ie- uneven sidewalk, "stupid dog" leash tripped me, rich people were too cheap to hire a kid to shovel and salt their front stoops and sidewalks, etc.

Are you, by chance, an attractive young lady? Your results might be atypical. ;)

Latest posts

Back