Am I a moderator of the “General Business Forum”?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

ResolvableOwl

Reaction score
I don't usually browse the SMF business sub-forum, and if I do then only by chance. Only today, I noticed a small square at every post/comment, left of the “Report” button. It says “Select for moderation”. Haven't seen these anywhere else in SMF.
1619187596451.png
Is this normal within the “General Business Forum”, or have I accidentally got moderator privileges there? I'm reluctant to try what happens if I play around with them.

ImpKit

Certified Ocelot
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I don't usually browse the SMF business sub-forum, and if I do then only by chance. Only today, I noticed a small square at every post/comment, left of the “Report” button. It says “Select for moderation”. Haven't seen these anywhere else in SMF.
View attachment 56406
Is this normal within the “General Business Forum”, or have I accidentally got moderator privileges there? I'm reluctant to try what happens if I play around with them.
So I just poked around a few of the sub forums. I have the same box / report option in that forum and no where else that I saw. I'm on mobile as I write this and I see it in mobile view and in desktop if I switch. I presume given the more strict rules on the business forum, versus the General Chat and other forums, that this is a configuration setting to refer or report posts that violate the rules for effectively?

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this came up on another discussion and the response was that the boxes should appear everywhere. I don't know if they ever got to the bottom of why they only show in some places.

Latest posts