Always when you need it to be nice...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shalora

Reaction score
I had someone request that I make some soap for a charity auction. I was so flattered to be asked! Yep, of course, since I needed this batch to be nice, I got only a partial gel and it's all funny-looking. *sigh* I never have gel issues, but of course it would happen with this batch! So frustrating.

Partial gel's weird look often fades during cure, so I wouldn't give up on it quite yet. Some of mine that were pronounced became a lot less so after four weeks!

Thanks guys! A little sympathy helps. :) I discussed it with the gal in charge of the auction, and she's fine with it - says she is used to color variations in homemade soaps anyway. Of course, she hasn't *seen* it yet. ;) But we'll see how it looks in a few weeks. If worst comes to worst and we can't use it for the auction, it's still good soap, my usual recipe and with a nice green apple scent which I quite enjoy. I can still use it/give it away/sell to friends/whatever.

Back