Alternative to sweet Almond Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minki

Reaction score
Hi there,
After so much trial and error I finally have a bath bomb recipe that works. However it uses Sweet Almond Oil. I had zero luck when using coconut oil. The almond oil is great but really expensive. I'm looking for tried and tested alternatives if anyone could kindly recommend please.
Very much appreciated.

Hi there,
After so much trial and error I finally have a bath bomb recipe that works. However it uses Sweet Almond Oil. I had zero luck when using coconut oil. The almond oil is great but really expensive. I'm looking for tried and tested alternatives if anyone could kindly recommend please.
Very much appreciated.
The only alternative that immediately comes to mind is Apricot Kernel Oil. It is very similar to Sweet Almond Oil, including the price unfortunately. At least from my usual supplier.

Hi there,
Very much appreciated.

Sweet Almond has a high percentage of Oleic Fatty Acid.
Other cheaper oils with High Oleic percentages are High Oleic Sunflower Oil and High Oleic Safflower Oil. I don't know whether they'd work in Bath Bombs- but you could give either a try. Make sure they are HO and not High Linoleic ones.

Latest posts

Back